Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday This and That

Outside my window, it is wet! I thought yesterday was supposed to be partly sunny but it rained off and on all day. The rain this week has been slow and steady which is the best kind for our dry soil conditions. We had more rain last night with some wind so that now the back deck is covered with wet Maple leaves.

For the first time all week, I didn't have to be somewhere in the morning so I've just enjoyed myself. I went ahead and did my post for What's on your Nightstand. It won't be published until the 4th Tuesday but somehow that date always slips by me and I don't participate. I'm on top of things now.

Yesterday, my friend Rene and I met at our hairdresser. She has the standing appointment just before mine and it gives us a chance to spend some time together. I go every 6 weeks and she goes every 3. Afterward, we went to Victoria's for lunch.
It is a favorite of ours. They close at 2:30 and we stayed until 2:45, just talking. We don't ever seem to run out of things to talk about.

Its been a rough week for Honey Bear and I know he'll be happy when its over. He has faced rain in Texas and twice in Tennessee. He drove from Clarksville to Memphis last night and will be there until he returns home tomorrow. I hope he doesn't have to drive home in the rain. He has worked for this company for 8 years. I wonder if anyone will tell him goodbye on Friday.

Well, I've been lazy as long as possible. Now, I need to do some house cleaning (tidying and vacuuming) plus finish up laundry. I think I have two more loads. Then I'll think about starting the new project for Stitch-a-long 

 and doing the 16" piece for our November Swap.
I pray that you have a wonderful Thursday.
Mama Bear

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it great visiting with a friend and spending time with them. Glad you got to do so. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria's is such a lovely, *girlie* place! I miss going there (it's been a while). I hope you have a wonderful day, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been having some gentle off and on rain, too. Much better than thunderstorms!

    What a neat idea to meet regularly with a friend at the hairdresser's! And lunch and conversation afterward is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. crazy weather and spring rains over here.... which project are you going to do... I have just got the pincushion page out to trace... thought I would start with a little one!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You too are always on the go, but isn't it nice to take a brather and see what others from around the world are doing. You have made me tempted to have a look at the current 'Chooky Blue " work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I'm remembering correctly, Victoria's Cafe has the best strawberry pretzel salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I talked to my sister there tonight. All is well with the family! Hard to believe it's already cooler there, we are still having warm weather here, it's supposed to cool off this weekend. We'll see.

    Victoria's sounds like my kind of place. I've heard some of my classmates talk about going there.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my friend, enjoyed this post. This is Denise, from shortybearsplace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeh you have the book.........welcome to the new SAL..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same book and am on the waiting list for this stitch along.....good luck in your stitching....

    ReplyDelete