It's Wednesday which means its time for the weekly Hodgepodge.
Everyone is welcome to play along....
just be sure to link back to Joyce at
1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
Yes, I was chosen and I served...it was years ago when we lived in Birmingham...it was exciting to me at the time.....I've often dreaded being called again, not because I didn't want to serve but because of where the courthouse was located.....I wouldn't have wanted to go there....partly because of the traffic...two of my friends were called the same time while we lived in Memphis
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
I think I'd say a 5....just this past week, I took apart my vacuum to get to a clog that was stopping it up...I've put furniture together but I usually save the tougher jobs for Honey Bear....he hates to read directions so I have to do that for him sometimes....he doesn't know how to put our stow and go seats down in the van so he has to ask me to do it...I told him, once you do it, you'll remember next time.
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable? Cabbage would have to be my favorite...I like slaw and I like stewed cabbage occasionally.....I like pickled beets on a salad...and raw cauliflower too.....we have lettuce and Spinach coming along in our Fall garden and will most likely have a salad from that this weekend
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
Sometimes I wonder if this isn't a genetic trait....some people can be so happy and content with their situation even if it isn't the best while others can be the opposite with so much more....I don't have any suggestions as to ways to overcome it.
5. Do you enjoy classical music?
I do enjoy it....as well as other genres...it just depends on my mood....I love to attend symphony performances.
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month?
Currently, I'm reading "Ancient Rage".....American Woman's Home by the Beecher sisters......I read 1225 Christmas Tree Lane.......next up is "Second Nature" by Jacquelyn Mitchard
7. What is your idea of 'cute'?
Someone who doesn't quite meet the mark as beautiful but is pleasant to look at........someone who says things that make you laugh with the innocence of a child..
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It rained most of the day yesterday and again last night....its overcast this morning and is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 75....we needed the rain but the cotton is being picked and I'm sure the rain didn't help....some fields are ready and others have been picked already.....when I was growing up and cotton was picked by hand, rain meant we had to wait for the cotton to dry off because it didn't need to be picked wet....now, with the automated equipment, I don't think it matters as much...