Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook


From Mama Bear's Journal....
FOR TODAY
Outside my window...its 56 °F,
(13 °C) much warmer than yesterday morning..the nights are cool but the days are in the 80s this week..the sun is shinning and the wind is calm...it looks like a beautiful Fall day...I see a pair of Squirrels playing by the back fence. Honey Bear says there's a new nest in the Pear tree out front....I see a couple of Birds on the feeder... and Smokey on his window seat



I am thinking...about how late I slept this morning.....Tuesday has become the new Monday now that Honey Bear works only 3 days in Memphis....I did get the vacuuming done yesterday but that was about all....about our new budget which I still haven't worked out and the menus I said I'd do weeks ago....also about whether to drive South on Friday to a Fall Festival to meet my sister

I am thankful...that Honey Bear is already making plans for his next step after he retires from his present job.....for the time we get to spend together...that we're both healthy...for my friends...that my son will soon be returning to the states....that most of my Christmas shopping and projects are finished...

In the kitchen...all is basically tidy...we had Spaghetti last night and there's a little of it left which I will probably take to Daughter today

I am wearing...a warm robe over my pjs and covered in a red blanket.

I am creating...a quilt sandwich with the TTS but have to go and pick up some batting for it today (I hate getting ready to do something and realizing I don't have what I need)....starting a new project for a Christmas Swap I joined...finishing up the dish cloths.....a tidy studio

I am going...to Hobby Lobby after school if the Princess will do that instead of sewing

Pondering these words..."Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8  I like what it says about Praise...we should not dwell on negative things but think about what we have to be thankful for....


I am reading...1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber

I am hoping...that I don't gain any weight this week....I've not been keeping my tracker or limiting my points...I don't think I've gone over the extra ones allowed for the week, though...lately, I've been losing a pound or less a week and I need to get more serious about it.

I am looking forward to...our vacation and the State Conference

I am hearing...noise in the neighborhood..I turned the fan on our AC unit off (I run it all the time in the summer) and its amazing how much noise I hear now...

Around the house...everything is mostly tidy except for the studio and the bed needing made....there are loads of laundry to do

One year ago today....the sun was shinning, it was a little cooler than today....I was reading Breakfast at Sally's and working on a couple of cross stitch patterns....


One of my favorite things...planning new projects

A few plans for the rest of the week:Our county organization is touring the waste and recycling center tomorrow then I'm having lunch with my friend, Rene...fellowship dinner at church and sometime tomorrow I need to make Pumpkin Bread for the country store at CWC on Thursday....Book Club or the Fall Festival on Friday

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Our Maple Tree 
This was taken 2 years ago and I was just noticing
that the pine tree limb that hides part of the neighbor's
house is one we lost in April's fury....
several of those trees in
the background are gone, too...
Thanks are due Peggy for creating the prompts for this
daybook. If you'd like to visit other participants are
maybe do one of your own, visit her

9 comments:

  1. I completely understand your project dilemma. When you are ready to work and then you find out you have to go out to get something just to get started, well - it'd be nice not to have to do that! Good luck and hopefully, you'll find what you need quickly!
    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like I've been to visit your house after I finish reading your daybook posts. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside :)

    Finished with most Christmas stuff already?! You are really on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always get so much done! I am wondering what a quilt sandwich is????

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, but you are 1 busy lady! Thanks for stopping by the Pantry. I've enjoyed looking around your blog, it's lovely & I hope to return often. Hope you visit the Pantry as often as you can.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog this mornin', I enjoyed hoppin' over here for a visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading through your daybook this morning! Isn't it amazing how loud the birds are when the windows are open and the a/c isn't running? I was laughing at them, hearing them rustle through the leaves today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl........ Sorry I have been gone again.. I have had my sweet husband in the hospital... they thought stroke or even heart attack but everything came out negative.... His blood pressure is too high so he is on daily medicine now.....it is a terrible feeling to be in the hospital but it is a FRIGHTENING thing to see your husband laying there.... just broke my heart and made me realize how very precious life is......

    Love your day book and you sound like you have been so busy.... I have to admit that I have wasted this year, did not mean to but it just happened that way..... I did not get much done... but that is ok and I refuse to beat myself up about it....... I am walking and jumping on my re bounder and keep my goal for a healthier me.........

    I think of you often...... Enjoy this beautiful cool weather.... and remember to pray for rain for Okla and Texas..... we are still in a terrible drought......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started reading my first ever Macomber book but had to lay it aside due to explicit sexual content. Someone told me all her books aren't like that but some are. Never though an innocent-looking book about ladies meeting for knitting classes would have that in it!

    I hate that, too, when I want to get started on a project but then find I don't have something vital.

    ReplyDelete