Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Morning Coming Down


I've always enjoyed this poem...
As we drove through the forests on
our vacation to the mountains recently...
This poem just kept running through my mind...
When I was a child, my sister who is 3 years
older than I, had to memorize it in school...
hearing it from her over and over, I memorized parts
of it also...
Trees
THINK that I shall never see 
A poem lovely as a tree. 
  
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest 
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast; 
  
A tree that looks at God all day,        
And lifts her leafy arms to pray; 
  
A tree that may in summer wear 
A nest of robins in her hair; 
  
Upon whose bosom snow has lain; 
Who intimately lives with rain. 
  
Poems are made by fools like me, 
But only God can make a tree.
                 by Joyce Kilmer






These photos were made on the 
Cherohala Skyway
The snow was at 5000 feet.


6 comments:

  1. That has always been one of my favorite poems. Great photos -- the one with the snow/ice on the limbs -- wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I love that poem.

    Sunday Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You prompted my memory. I had to say that poem when I was at school.
    I love the photos.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I have ever read that whole poem before -- at least not for a long time. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that poem... lovely and your pictures are just fantastic.... I love the iceblown branches...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Autumn colors are stunning. But the snowy photos...well, you know how I am with snow. LOL Brrrrrrr.

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday during Shadow Shot Sunday. It's a pleasure to have your company.

    EYE spy!! is my link for today.

    ReplyDelete