For Today... Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 1:00 PM
Outside my window...It is cloudy with occasional showers, 64 degrees, there may be storms later....had to go out and run off a squirrel who had found his way into the feeder attached to the window....fed the fish, I think we have some babies, at least there are more than in the summer.
A Bible verse I'm sharing...Matthew 1:23: Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
I am thinking...Nothing about getting ready for the holidays has stressed me this year.
I am thankful...that I'm not one of those shoppers rushing around out there in the crowds and traffic searching for the perfect gift.
I am wearing...Pink knit pants, a turquoise T with rind stone snowmen on front, a flannel shirt and Christmas socks.
I am creating...nothing at the moment but there are projects ready for whenever the mood strikes.
I am going...to hang around home today
I am wondering...what it is Smokey is playing with on the carpet over there, looks like a worm: I probably tracked inside on my feet when I went to scare the squirrel off.
I am reading...Marc Cameron's State of Emergency
I am hoping...we don't have bad weather.....the weatherman said there's a possibility of a tornado
In his garden...this is the season when the garden is laying by, Spinach in the ground but not much else happening at this time
A song that stays on my mind...lately it has been The Phantom of the Opera which I listened to on Sunday.
In my kitchen...Sauerkraut and wieners, Mac and cheese and green beans for lunch....lots of goodies for snacking
A favorite quote for today..."You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have got to go to them sometimes." Winnie
From my photo album...
One of my favorite things...listening to non-stop Christmas music
1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?
Using my time well.......I think of all the things I want to do (usually at night when I should be sleeping) but lack motivation to do them in the light of day......sometimes, I wish I could just chuck almost everything in the house and start over.
2. Each year Time Magazine
names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or
worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was
recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for
2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
It is the magazine's choice and not necessarily the world's and I'm not sure what their criteria was....I don't have a pick.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces.
I have an old one which was given to me as a gift in the 70s...the figurines are soft plastic and so the children could touch them. It has a wooden stable. Though cheap, I still like it. I bought a large one at Lifeway in 2006 and put it out for a few years but I was always afraid someone would bump the table it sat on and break it so I gave it away. On my wish list is the Nativity by Willow Tree that is one piece, fingers crossed. I also have a few small ones.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the
holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this
time of year?
Yes we do.....
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
Daughter because her tastes are similar to mine.
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?
I had some Pumpkin Bars at a gathering on Saturday night...I loved them. She said they were from a mix she bought at Aldi
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________.
Lend a helping hand, visit shut ins with a plate of goodies, help out at the Nursing Home, sing carols.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Suddenly its a week till Christmas, are you ready? I have one little homemade gift to wrap...I have 3 types of sweets to bake plus the chex mix and I need to count the gifts for Wonder Boy and the Princess and make sure I have an even amount.
Earlier in the Autumn, I joined in on an Ornament Exchange
at Sew we Stitch
my partner was Susan
at Supermom-No Cape
my package arrived last week
all the way from Michigan,
although she lives in Canada...
And I was so excited to receive these
I love getting homemade ornaments
and I had seen the Prairie star on her blog
already...she did a tutorial.
I love all three of these ornaments.
Thanks so much, Susan
and thanks to Mm Samm
stop by and see all
the beautiful ornaments.
Thanks Joyce for hosting our favorite Wednesday blog hop.
1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a
holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or
does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you
Can't think of a story we tell every year other than the story of Christ's Birth which we sometimes read from the Bible and sometimes tell.........one year we each read a passage from a different translation which was interesting. The important thing is to remember why we celebrate.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
Very often, I am.....I do not like dissension. Wiki defines it as difference of opinion but to me it is much more, disharmony, members of a group arguing and angry with each other.....I like happy, peaceful gatherings.......I don't mind people disagreeing if it doesn't get heated and bitter.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here,
but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the
tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are
these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something
in these shades to either place in the new year?
I would have said serenity was blue so right-on. Yes, red is definitely a color in my house, closet and decorating..my favorite color and blue would be second favorite.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?'
Silent Night, Holy Night........don't you love to go for a walk in the dark in your neighborhood and see all the Christmas decorations..........we try to do this each year........when I lived in Huntsville before, our neighborhood did the bags of sand with candles in them and one night everyone would go out walking, even Santa who gave out candy to the children he met on his walk.
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you
last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that
falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from
Oh, that's today, isn't it? So no, won't be going out and buying anything. I do have those peach hand pies, I think there might be two in the fridge, yet...........I like the almond Bear Claws and buy them occasionally........and cheese danish if I can find it.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating_____________________________.
I used to go all out, but now I like it simpler. Mostly I am thinking ahead to getting it all put away again.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
There are often laughs such as this when my friend Rene and I get together.......tomorrow night is our clubs' Christmas party and we're playing dirty Santa with our gifts so I'm sure there will be some laughs......our members can often come up with unusual and wonderful gifts for this event, some even homemade.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm joining in with Cindy for a mimi I discovered while visiting yesterday. Read on:
Christmas approaching quickly...we have so much to do....But for fun,
let's take just a minute...chill out and be nosy! LOL! I would love to
know your answers to these question.
1: Do you prefer an Artificial or a Live Christmas tree?
We haven't had a real live Christmas tree since the 60s when we were newlyweds. I am allergic to them and found out the hard way....I never knew why I got ill around the holidays every year growing up.
2: Do you prefer colored lights or clear lights on your tree?
I like clear ones
3: Would you say that your Christmas dinner is traditional or different? Sometimes one way, sometimes another......we used to have our immediate family gathering on Christmas Eve and get together with extended family on Christmas Day..at that time our meal was traditional and the one on the Eve was usually heavy appetizers...........that has changed and so we decide every year what we'll have for Christmas Day dinner.
4: When do you begin Christmas shopping? In January. I don't make a firm decision to do that, but if I see something that I think would make a great gift for someone, I'll buy it then.......and I try to always be finished by November 1st.
5: What is your favorite Christmas movie to watch? I don't have a favorite...........we used to watch ET on Christmas night when the children were still at home....I know it isn't a Christmas movie.
6: Are you a Hallmark Christmas Movie fan? Not usually but lately, I've been watching some of them online.
7: Do you travel during Christmas or stay home? These days we stay home or go to our daughter's who lives less than 2 miles from us.
8: Who is the easiest person to buy for in your family? That would be my Daughter or the Princess
9: Do you like to wrap your gifts or prefer gift bags if possible? I use both but bags make it so easy, don't they?
10: What is the one stress you feel you have at Christmas? I try not to stress over anything........I tell myself nothing absolutely has to be done....
Bonus Question: What is one your favorite Christmas memories with your children? One year, on Christmas Eve, we had gone to visit family or to church and when we returned home, Santa had already visited...I still don't know how that happened.
Outside my window...
The sun is shinning, it is 60 degrees but will drop
back to 36 before daylight in the morning...Honey
Bear used the blower to get up leaves in the
front and back so we can see the
green grass again...no bird activity at this
I am thinking...
I need to go for a walk while its so nice outside
I am thankful...
for the reason for the season, Jesus, and salvation
he brought to the world
In the kitchen...
Cornbread baking, beans simmering
and corn ready to heat....
and part of a pineapple
upside down cake I baked
on Wednesday of last week
I am wearing...
a thermal Christmas shirt with red
I am creating...
I am going...
no where today
I am wondering...
if Honey Bear is ever going
to get over his bronchitis
I am reading...
The American Lady (same
as last week)
I am hoping...
to do some baking this week
I am looking forward to...
my club's Christmas party this week
Around the house...
I vacuumed and swept...
some of the decorations are
I am pondering...
sweet things to bake
A favorite quote for today...
"Hope sees the invisible, feels
the intangible, and achieves the
impossible." Helen Keller
One of my favorite things...
a Monday spent at home
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Baking and Christmas wrapping, parties
toward the end of the week
1. Did you watch The Charlie Brown Christmas special Monday night? Who's your favorite Peanuts character and why? No, not watching much regular TV these days............Pig Pen or Schroeder
"Most psychiatrists agree that sitting in a pumpkin patch is excellent therapy for a troubled mind."~Linus Would you agree? Possibly, any quiet time is good when your mind is filled with stress 2. Describe a sound from your childhood. What does this sound bring to mind? When I was a little girl, our heating was from a coal burning heater in the living room.......Mother was the one who got up early and built up the fire.....it didn't seem wrong at the time but now I wonder why my Dad didn't do that but he was a truck driver and wasn't home all the time so I guess she just got in the habit......we never wanted to get out of bed in a cold house until after she had the fire going, then we would go stand in front of the heater.....it took a while for it to warm the living room and of course she would turn on the stove in the kitchen to make biscuits so that helped to warm things up too......so I guess hearing the first sounds of an awakening house brings this to mind.
I have to say that none of these appeal to me, being cold isn't fun.....
4. Who or what keeps you humble?
Okay, I had to look up the meaning......I have always been a homemaker although I have done a lot of volunteer work and have had a few meaningless jobs but never a career.............I am humbled whenever I am around successful, well educated women.......I used to travel with Honey Bear and go to meetings where everyone had a career and was always being asked what did I do........during that time, a woman who stayed home was looked down on or at least that is the way I felt.
5. What part of preparing for Christmas do you like the most? Explain.
Buying gifts for family..........I shop all year and it just makes me feel good to give gifts that make someone feel happy..........I don't enjoy shopping during the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas....I don't enjoy the business........besides it is easier to find the right gift if you shop all year long.
6. Gingerbread-yay or nay? Is making a gingerbread house part of your family holiday tradition?
We just never did gingerbread...................I've never made a gingerbread house...........my Daughter made one each year with her children until they were teenagers.......I think she mentioned they wanted to do one this year.....now they have the kits, though, but I think designing one of your own would be more original........
7. What's one thing you want to start, do, or complete before the calendar rolls into a new year?
I don't have any thing lurking that needs to be done before the start of the New Year.........I don't make resolutions, I set goals.......I don't feel pressured to meet them, though............I do want to finish cleaning the carpet before the end of the year......I've done two rooms so for.........and there is some baking to do......but I don't feel pressured to get it done.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was my Daughter's Birthday........I remember so well when she was born..............where have all the years gone...........she is one of my best friends.........we had lunch together and went to the movie, Mockingjay 2.......did a little shopping and just enjoyed the day.......I made dried peach hand pies which she loves and managed to sew up some curtains for her kitchen as her gift.....
Honey Bear has a nasty cold and cough which has lingered for a few weeks.........he doesn't want to go to the doctor and so is waiting it out...........meanwhile his night time sleep is disruptive and he is miserable......I've not done much decorating but I might put up a small tree today and wrap some more gifts.
Outside my window... 61 degrees and light rain, getting kind of dark as it is 4:30 on a cloudy day...
A Bible verse I'm sharing... "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath ade us and not we ourselves; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with Thanksgiving and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him and bless his name. For the Lord he is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalm 100
I memorized this in elementary school and it comes to mind at Thanksgiving.
I am thinking... that it has been a while since I posted.
I am thankful... that I am well, that I have my Christmas gifts purchased, packages mailed and some of the gifts wrapped.
I am wearing... A cranberry sweatshirt with a snowman on front, navy knit pants, blue stripped socks, two afghans and a cat.
I am creating... I am cutting pieces out for a new quilt....the Nature's Journey is ready to layer for quilting.....and I made valances for my Daughter for her Birthday on Thursday.
I am going...to start some soup for Honey Bear's dinner soon...
I am wondering... What has kept me away from the blog...it is always something..
I am reading...The American Lady by Petra Durst-Benning
A favorite quote for today...Let us be then be up and doing. With a heart for any faith. Still achieving, still pursuing. Learn to labor and to wait. Longfellow
1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general? How fast the years have passed.
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most
ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud?
Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation? They are all ridiculous and I couldn't find the definitions when I used the link. I might have used buttdial one, not sure, I would never say any of the rest.
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it
comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made
variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy,
country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast
and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite? I'm not a big fan of gravy....I do eat it when I order eggs in a restaurant because I like eggs soft scrambled and they never seem to be able to cook them that way. A little gravy helps soften them up. I rarely make gravy anymore as it isn't really good for you....I do like the little envelopes that one only needs to add water to, and simmer a few minutes before its ready, good on mashed potatoes or rice. Again just helps the food go down. I guess if I have to pick a favorite it would be mashed potatoes and gravy.
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain. Not sure about this question.....I usually have a plan for getting things done on time.....
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day.
Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy
playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on
November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a
railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on? No, no longer own the game. I probably won't play a game again.........Yes I've been to Atlantic City......Yes I've ridden on a train.........Parking is free at shopping centers and stores near me.........downtown(which I never go to)has paid parking.............
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning? Thanks for the Memories.......from 1938
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something
you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're
grateful for? Living in America
8. Insert your own random thought here. Sorry, I've been busy with some cleaning, Christmas Shopping and meetings and haven't had a chance to post. As always, credit goes to Joyce for hosting Hodge Podge and coming up with such good questions week after week. Hop over to her place to join in.
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
Lunch with my friend, Rene
Travel with Honey Bear
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
Maybe, to the owner of the cabin we rented last week.
3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon,
sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned
Not white bread...cinnamon raisin bread which isn't listed
4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
blessings, a very good thing
and love, also a very good thing
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
the only red heads in our family are my niece by
marriage and her two daughters...
I have a little red tint on my hair...
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Insta-grammed spot in every state. Go here to
see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's
#1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in
your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA
answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
I'm surprised by the choice...
7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot
each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-
What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for? I can step outside my comfort zone and lead
a group of women if the Lord leads...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Catching up on last weeks questions....
Hello Hodge Podge My Old Friend
1. Are you comfortable with silence? oh, yes. If you're home alone, do you like
silence or do you need regular background noise? silence Do you seek out times
and places to be silent? sometimes What's your favorite place to find silence/be
silent? a walk in nature
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a
mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have
one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a
strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or
a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure? Chocolate Pie
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? not the most comfortable choice of pant Favorite thing in the world to wear
or nope, don't own a single pair? I wear them in the cooler months of the year....and I probably own 4 pair in my two sizes...How often do you wear blue jeans in a
typical week? Maybe 1 or 2 times Do you own a blue jean jacket? I do have one with embroidery on it...I'd like to have another.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way? I don't think so
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with? a witch or a cat...
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared? Driving in unfamiliar cities...ask someone else to drive, usually....
7. Perhaps today will be the day I __start my weight loss program again______.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Thanks Joyce for another great hodge podge!
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day.
Did you see the movie? multple times The sequels? multiple times In the second film, Doc takes Marty
into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake.
They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell
us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985? Living in Alabama on our farm. Trying to survive my son's teenage rebellion. fostering my sister's second child. not a happy time for me to remember
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? No, probably wouldn't be alive then. The past?Yes. I've always loved time travel books where someone traveled back in time. I would love to travel to an earlier time.
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the
80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on
the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online
banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and
smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a
rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands?Some technology is desired some is not. I think it would be better for children to learn to use their imagination more. Do you
think the Internet does more harm than good? If used in moderation it is a good thing. I can't imagine going back to using reference material in hard copy. I love being able to look something up any time, any place. I think it can be harmful if it keeps young people from learning social skills or having to wait patiently for something they want.
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker?Soups Your favorite fast food?Frozen entrees
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in
the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely
saying most relates to your life right now? down time
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no
longer there or is now something else.They tore down my high school and it was brand new when I was in the 7th grade. How does that make you feel?Really, I don't mind. I'm glad the students don't have to go to an old school.
7. Describe your comfort zone.Home, with my Honey Bear, knowing my children and grandchildren are safe
8. Insert your own random thought here. Decided to make some changes to my blog. Big mistake. Forgot to save what I had so lost my gadgets will have to start over on that. Still not sure I like this new one. Plus, it took up the entire morning. I've been available to Honey Bear as he is trying to install our new shower doors. We've put up one side two times and taken it back down. I realize we have to get it up correctly but I don't like do overs. Hop over to Joyce's place to read more answers are play along.
I know it has been a long time without a post....I was trying desperately to get my Nature's Journey quilt up to date....I was doing this online with the SAL group and this last section was supposed to be done in September...I didn't make it....I reached this point on October 10....then had a 3 day conference to attend... Its not a very good photo, made with my phone and hard to get all of it in the photo.....but you see there was quite a lot of detail to get it done. I intend to add a red 3 or 4 inch border and then quilt. I ordered the batting and backing today and hope to do my sandwich at Christian Crafters in November. We only meet twice a month, this Friday being the second in October and the batting won't be here in time....that's alright I am starting another quilt and will have plenty to work on. I'll try to visit you all in the next few days...and catch up.... It has turned quite chilly here this month with some nights in the 30s..today it reach the 70s for the first time in a week...Fall is here.....how do you feel about this clock changing business? For my readers who live across the sea, most states in America change there clocks forward or backward an hour in the Spring and Fall....We'll be going forward on November 1. It takes me a week or more to adjust so I don't like it.....darkness comes at 4 pm as we move near Christmas and the shortest day of the year....where as in the summer, sometimes darkness doesn't come until 9 pm. Okay, that's my post.
Not very. I do not watch the news so I get my news from Honey Bear who reads the newspaper online....I've gleaned some tidbits from others' conversation.
3. What have you changed your mind about? They say its a woman's prerogative to change her mind. I often change my mind about what I'm going to wear so I always allow extra time to dress......recently I was all set to start a new cross stitch and had sorted out the floss colors and everything....daughter looked at it and she(who is much more experienced than I at this needlework) advised me not to attempt it. She brought me an alternative piece and I am happily working on that instead.
4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap
this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it
out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued
swimming? I suppose the key word here is non-poisonous...and when you knew that was the case...I grew up thinking all snakes needed to be killed but my husband didn't and taught me that some are beneficial because they kill rodents and even other snakes.....I guess you could say I changed my mind about Snakes. I'm interested in your answer to this question.
5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!) I eat a lot of Lean Cuisine entrees and most of the ones I eat are pretty good. I like the tortilla crusted fish, the Orange Chicken and Chicken Fajita style egg rolls.
6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage
is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that
virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue? Yes. Courage to stand by your beliefs like missionaries do everyday and even die a martyred death.....
7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?Well, so far in this post, I've looked up prerogative, fajita, and martyred. I guess it is the more uncommonly used words I have trouble with....I'm thankful for spell check......and speaking of spell check, is anyone else having trouble with Blogger's? It underlines parts of words and doesn't underline misspelled words.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Have you seen any signs of Fall where you live? Fall is my most favorite season and although it is still extremely hot here in the south, the leaves on our Maple outside my window are beginning to show some color change...and of course college football began last week which I love.....soon it will be time for soups to replace salads and quiche on our menu.....the garden is winding down its bounty...we're still getting the occasional tomatobut peas and okra are past their prime.... Thanks to Joyce for this weekly post's questions.
1. Way back when (the Hodgepodge bicentennial to
be precise) several of you submitted questions as part of a giveaway I
was hosting. I went back to that list for inspiration today and found a
question submitted by Marla, who blogs over at Marla's Musings. Thanks Marla!
She asks-At what age did you feel like a 'grown-up'? What keeps you young now? I suppose I felt like a grown-up when I met my husband at age 14, he was 21...although I know I was still naive about lots of things...we married when I was 17.......I still feel young although not as young as all that as I realize a lot of years have gone by and the mirror tells me I'm aging....I spend time with Daughter and Granddaughter and try to stay informed about different subjects..I am always ready to learn new things.
2. When did you last buy a vehicle? Was this by design or because you
had no other option? Was the car/truck purchased for your own personal
use or was it bought for someone else to drive? On a scale of 1-10 (with
10 being delightful and 1 being 'pass the Excedrin') how would you rate
the experience? I haven't purchased a vehicle since 2009 although Honey Bear bought one in February. My experiencece was a 10. I wanted another red Dodge Van just like the one I had although newer....Honey Bear found it online and I went to test drive, pick it up and write the check.
3. Corn bread, corn chips, corn pudding, corn on the cob, cornflakes,
corn chowder-your favorite of the corn-y foods listed? What needs to be
served alongside your selection? my favorite of the ones listed is corn chips and I like the barbecue ones, alone or with cheese, chili
4. What's something in your life that regularly requires you to 'put your thinking cap on'? I am president of a county organization that is comprised of about 12 clubs....we meet quarterly for a board meeting and then for a regular meeting with all clubs invited....when I do the agenda for these meetings, I really have to think about things...I can fall back on the minutes from our last meeting and the same meeting the year before to kind of know what needs to be covered.
5. Share a favorite movie set in a school or classroom, or whose theme relates to school days in some way. Breakfast Club.........Dead Poets' Society
6. Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic' are commonly referred to as the three R's. What are the three R's in your life right now? Rest, Reading, Relationships
7. What's something you've learned or tried recently you can say was as'easy as ABC'? What comes to mind is going with the Princess on a Saturday to sign up for band, order her uniform, hat, shoes and gloves and pay her fees....Daughter had to work but she printed out all the forms and filled them in, signed me some checks...The Princess could wear the first uniform she tried on as well as the first pair of gloves...we were in and out in just a few minutes while other parents were filling out the paperwork.
8. Insert your own random thought here. The Princess is in 9th grade this year and Wonder Boy is a senior. Their schools are next door to each other with only a street in between. He is driving to school so he gives her a ride morning and afternoon...he goes back for her after band practice....For the first time in 3 years, I am not doing the pick-up line on the days Daughter works...it is nice in a way but I miss the time I spent with them. I' m downloading windows 10. Hope I will like it.
To join in or read other posts, hop over to Joyce's From This side of the Pond