Hodge Podge is a little late today....
I did another post this morning for an
I'm linking up over at
1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?
Using my time well.......I think of all the things I want to do (usually at night when I should be sleeping) but lack motivation to do them in the light of day......sometimes, I wish I could just chuck almost everything in the house and start over.
2. Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
It is the magazine's choice and not necessarily the world's and I'm not sure what their criteria was....I don't have a pick.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces.
I have an old one which was given to me as a gift in the 70s...the figurines are soft plastic and so the children could touch them. It has a wooden stable. Though cheap, I still like it. I bought a large one at Lifeway in 2006 and put it out for a few years but I was always afraid someone would bump the table it sat on and break it so I gave it away. On my wish list is the Nativity by Willow Tree that is one piece, fingers crossed. I also have a few small ones.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
Yes we do.....
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
Daughter because her tastes are similar to mine.
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?
I had some Pumpkin Bars at a gathering on Saturday night...I loved them. She said they were from a mix she bought at Aldi
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________.
Lend a helping hand, visit shut ins with a plate of goodies, help out at the Nursing Home, sing carols.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Suddenly its a week till Christmas, are you ready? I have one little homemade gift to wrap...I have 3 types of sweets to bake plus the chex mix and I need to count the gifts for Wonder Boy and the Princess and make sure I have an even amount.