Wednesday, July 29, 2015
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?Overcoming fears by facing them head on!......allowing myself to relax and reset comes easily to me...
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I'd probably just put in my wallet and forget about it, using it the next time I needed cash.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain. tripping over my own two feet happens quite often to me...thus all the bruising on my body...having Meinere's disease keeps me slightly off balance.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
Not sure if this is what you mean but I'd love to be able to do free motion quilting...I have the machine and I know it takes practice but I just don't get how they are able to do that with a big quilt.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
I have eaten corn of the cob, fresh from my Sister in law's garden and boiled....I have gone on a road trip, Daughter, the Princess and I went on our annual "camping trip" to Nashville, shopped til we dropped and spent the night in a suite at a local hotel....I've certainly read a book or two.....should make homemade ice cream this weekend.....
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
You know I need to learn more about the candidates but I am ready for the government to be 'for the people, by the people and of the people' again....I'd like to trust our elected officials again.....we need leaders with integrity and love for this nation and the things the founders stood for......
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
I've heard Tim McGraw's Diamond Rings and Old Barstools quite a few times.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking forward to Autumn and Football...
Join Joyce and others posting Hodge Podge each week....Thanks Joyce.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Outside my window...
85 degrees, feels like 92, sunny
with 68% humidity
a very slight chance of a showerwe're into those dry hot summer days
my least favorite time of year...
there's a papa Cardinal with a bent wing
feather feeding his young...I can see bright red
Geranium blossoms in my hanging basket
A Bible verse I'm sharing...from Proverbs 31, the Virtuous Woman
I am thinking...time keeps passing so quickly...
I am thankful...that I am pretty much my own
boss...doing my work at my
for a loving and strong companion
I am wearing...pajamas and a robe: my morning attire
I am creating...
the finishing touches to the center
panel of Nature's Journey...
this project has had so much applique
but finally I am finished...time to do
the patchwork and put the quilt top
Gonna make some cards soon...been watchingvideos
I am going...to stay home again today...
the Princess is in Band camp, Daughter
at work but hopefully Wonder Boy
will pick her up at the end of
the day...I do feel sorry for those
children out in the hot weather
practicing....I filled in for
Daughter on Saturday and
the Princess and I went to the the school to
sign up for band, pay fees and get fitted
for a uniform...her first year marching
she's in 8th grade this year and
Wonder boy is a senior...too
much time is passing....
I am wondering...if I can get back on my weight watchers
program...been eating out of control
all summer and need to find my will power
I am reading...
I am hoping...to finish up the center panel today and
add the outer border
so Chooky and Susan can give me a check
I am learning...how to make beautiful cards...
now to put what I learned in practice
In his garden...
the first wave of Tomatoes
is over, we're only getting small ones now
but some other plants will be baring soon...
he's bringing in some Okra and Cucumbers
still....Blackberries are still producing
A song that stays on my mind...
In my kitchen...ingredients for a Blackberry cobbler
gonna make it in a little while and put on
some peas for Honey Bear
A favorite quote for today..."Do not go gently into that dark night...
a poem which I heard twice this weekend
a message for me, I suppose
One of my favorite things...spending time with these two...
the Princess and I had pedicures last
week on Wednesday then lunch at Red Robin...
Daughter and I are spending Friday together...
Please link back to The Simple Woman for other day books.