Friday, August 25, 2017
1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list? Yes we watched some on TV, they covered Franklin Kentucky where there was a total eclipse as well as local....We did the paper plate thing to see it outside.
None of the above snacks.
2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'? 8 days until football season.......
drinking a frappuccino from Starbucks
3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?
not sure if this qualifies but I like to read about certain diseases and their symptoms....
4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?
New clothes and books....seeing friends......how hot it was (no AC)
5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why. Fall (there is just something about the atmosphere and the colors, babies and very young children, whenever I see one I can't help but smile, music,especially when it brings a memory, tomato, that first on from the vine in the summer and I get to eat it on a BLT, none of them are quite the same after that. Red, the color just makes me feel good.
6. Insert your own random thought here.The temperature this morning was 61, I walked outside with my first cup of coffee....Fall is in the air.
Thanks, Joyce, I don't know how you keep coming up with these questions but they always make one think.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
1. Do you try to set rules for yourself about how you use your time? Explain.
I'm afraid that I don't....I usually have specific tasks to do on certain days but that can completely change depending on the mood I'm in after coffee.
2. Monday was National Lighthouse Day. Have you ever visited a lighthouse? If not, do you have any desire to see one up close? Of the 10 Most Beautiful that made this list which would you most like to see in person- We visited one on Saint Simon Island on a tour but I've only been to that one.....there's one on our New England tour in October. Cape Neddick Light in Maine billed as the most photo graphed.
Lindau Lighthouse (Germany), Fanad Lighthouse (Ireland), Portland Head Light (Maine), Yaquina Bay Light (Oregon) The St. Augustine Light (Florida), Peggys Point Lighthouse (Canada), Start Point Lighthouse (England), Tower of Hercules (Spain), Bass Harbor Head Station (Maine), and White Shoal Light (Michigan)
When you've been away, what's your 'lighthouse' telling you you're on the right road home?
3. What have you unintentionally stopped doing? Is this something you need to pick back up and begin again, or is it something you need to let go of for now (or even permanently)?
We've very nearly stopped watching TV...but will be again for Football season.....We both watch videos online via Utube, Netflix, Acorn and Amazon....my sister visited with me this summer and she watched reruns of Ramon....I counted 15 different products advertised during a break...I couldn't stand it. I know there's devices to record and block out those but I don't have one.
4. We've had a full week of August. Share a GRAND moment from your month so far.
Honey Bear and I started the process of estate planning today with a lawyer...better late than never....that was a biggie.
5. Tell us one song you love with the word 'baby' in the title.
6. Insert your own random thought here.This Hodge Podge is from last week but I decided to do it today.
I guess I took July off from blogging.