Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Tripping Over the Hodge Podge
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?Overcoming fears by facing them head on!......allowing myself to relax and reset comes easily to me...
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I'd probably just put in my wallet and forget about it, using it the next time I needed cash.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain. tripping over my own two feet happens quite often to me...thus all the bruising on my body...having Meinere's disease keeps me slightly off balance.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
Not sure if this is what you mean but I'd love to be able to do free motion quilting...I have the machine and I know it takes practice but I just don't get how they are able to do that with a big quilt.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
I have eaten corn of the cob, fresh from my Sister in law's garden and boiled....I have gone on a road trip, Daughter, the Princess and I went on our annual "camping trip" to Nashville, shopped til we dropped and spent the night in a suite at a local hotel....I've certainly read a book or two.....should make homemade ice cream this weekend.....
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
You know I need to learn more about the candidates but I am ready for the government to be 'for the people, by the people and of the people' again....I'd like to trust our elected officials again.....we need leaders with integrity and love for this nation and the things the founders stood for......
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
I've heard Tim McGraw's Diamond Rings and Old Barstools quite a few times.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking forward to Autumn and Football...
Join Joyce and others posting Hodge Podge each week....Thanks Joyce.