Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Outdoor Wednesday/Wednesday Hodgepodge

Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by Susan.
Scroll down for
Wednesday Hodgepodge 



First fire of the season
 Honey Bear is building a green house
 Why do Crows play a role in
Fall decor?
I think this is just a Blackbird.

Black Capped Chickadee

Wednesday Hodge Podge
Mucho Fun #47
1. What's your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening?
Homemade Soup

2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
I would say, no, I enjoy change and doing things differently

3. What food product (no longer readily available) do you remember and miss from days gone by?
I know there must be something but at the moment, nothing comes to mind...

4. What's something you've lost that you've never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened?
 .... we were talking about my husband's left handed catchers mitt which used to stay in one of his drawers and realized we've not seen it in years....we also had one of those swing handle ice chests which disappeared in one of our moves.

5. Zoo~circus~ carnival...your favorite?
Zoo.....and County or State Fairs

6. What song makes you feel instantly happy?
Zippity Do Da


7. To what extent are you an argumentative person?
I dislike arguments and dissension of any kind

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've been strolling through Halloween costumes on Amazon.com.....why are so many of them made sexy?  We're supposed to dress in a costume for one of our meals at the State Conference. I used to dress up as a witch on Halloween to answer the door but got rid of my costume thinking I wouldn't do that anymore....so I've been looking at costumes. I think I'm just going to dress as a black cat like my "Smokey". Simple and inexpensive.

Thanks to Joyce for hosting and coming
up with some great questions each week.

9 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the black capped chickadee.

    I completely agree with you about the Halloween costumes. I am going to be dressing up this year for the first time in a while for a 5 year old's birthday and for an event with the Junior High Youth at church. Neither place needs a sexy costume. I think I will end up being a bag of Jelly beans (clear plastic trash bag filled with small balloons)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fire pit looks good, I bet you have lots of fun round that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just like you on #7. Seems like nowadays, everything is made sexy. I like Desi's idea of going as a bag of jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammi, It's been far too long since I've visited your blog.

    That green house looks so interesting. I'm sure you will have it full of lovely plants before long.

    My boss asked me to dress up for Halloween and I think that would be fun. I'm thinking maybe a gypsy or a witch. Must go and see what Value Village has for costumes. It would be fun.

    Drop by my Writing Nook if you get some spare time. We've moved and I have some photos.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh how I'd love to have a greenhouse like that!! Very nice! My neighbours have a little fire pit like you have and I'm so tempted to get one as well, I love sitting around a fire:-)

    I'm like you, I don't like arguments and confrontations at all. As for the Halloween costumes, yes I agree, they seem to make the adults ones so sexy. The last time I dressed up for a Halloween party, I was a big pumpkin! lol

    Have a wonderful day my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about the Halloween costumes! I've looked and can't find anything appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved looking at your pictures especially of the bird! <3 your song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't read many people today who liked change! That's a great song you picked. Your right, the womens costumes are often sexy. Good luck in finding one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your greenhouse will be wonderful.....I hope to have one of those one day.....seeing your first fire makes me want to roast some marshmallows and make smores!

    ReplyDelete