Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook


From Mama Bear's Journal.....
FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
Its wet, cloudy, a little  dark and 63 °F, (17 °C), a good day for sleeping in but I'm fasting and going for lab work first thing this morning...our Maple Tree is looking gorgeous and rapidly shedding its leaves....Honey Bear resealed the back deck and it is looking good even if it is wet this morning....the Mandevilla is still blooming and I am going to bring it in soon before we have a frost that will kill it. The Hummingbirds were still around this weekend, but they should leave soon.
I am thinking...about coffee which I can't have
I am thankful...for answered prayer, inner peace, my son is no longer in Afghanistan
In the kitchen...things are mostly tidy...there's leftover chicken and slaw in the fridge for my dinner tonight.....no coffee
I am wearing...pink pajamas, a blue robe, red house shoes and am covered by a red throw but I'll be getting dress soon so I can go get that lab work done and get back home for some coffee...
I am creating...finished quilting Tis The Season, the binding is sewn on and just needs to be hand stitched down, then the label needs to be applied and it will be finished....crocheted dish cloths for Christmas presents.....need to start on a piece for a swap in November
I am going...to pick up the orders from the doctor, to the lab, hoping there won't be too many people there ahead of me...its first come, first serve......then I'm coming home for some coffee and breakfast.
Praying for...Jill's Dad, Honey Bear's travel, our children and grandchildren, and for will power...

I am wondering...if it will rain all day
I am reading...Ancient Rage by Mary Lee Wile...a fictionalized account of conversations between Mary and Elizabeth in their golden years as they remember their children...
I am hoping...see "I am going" above
I am looking forward to...our Fall vacation next week
I am hearing...rain falling, clocks ticking but it is mostly quiet..
Around the house...its mostly tidy....I need to change the furnace filer, bring in the rain gauge and winterize some of the plants....change the bed linens and do a couple of loads of laundry......Smokey is climbing on the furniture (something he began to do yesterday...what is up with that cat)
I am pondering...not much, I don't ponder too much before coffee....this from Live Well: 
If you take two steps forward and one step back, you’re still getting someplace. Don't give up the moment you slip up. Press on!  Sounds like something I need to remember about my diet...
One year ago today....the day was overcast with the promise of rain which was badly needed...still reading 'Breakfast at Sally's'....planning lunch at Emma's Tea Room and a visit to Patches and Stitches...can't believe that was a year ago.
One of my favorite things...coffee first thing in the morning....you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?
A few plans for the rest of the week:Hair appointment tomorrow then lunch with a friend....club meeting Thursday night...road trip to Bell Buckle, Tennessee on Friday
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


a look into the lives of other women
as we stop to reflect on the simple goodness of
our days.

7 comments:

  1. So glad your son is home. Hope things go well with your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that saying about one step back and two forward!

    So glad your son is safely in the States.

    I never feel so thirsty as when I can't have anything before a lab test. Hope all goes well with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got tickled reading how much you want coffee, then reading you are praying for will power!

    Hope your lab visit went well and that by now, you've had a great cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the Coffee first thing in morning! Hope your lab work goes well...
    ~~Peace & Love & Healing & Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like me...I never want to eat or drink anything first thing in the morning--until I have to fast for lab work!

    Glad to hear that your son is no longer in Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to catch up with people now that I'm not feeling quite so cruddy. I only have three chemo treatments left. I don't know what's going on with your coffee, but it seems like you're missing it. I'm missing mine. It started tasting horrible after I started the first chemo. I'm drinking hot tea now and it still tastes good. Food started tasting metallic about three weeks ago.

    I'm so happy for you that your son is no longer in Afghanistan!

    I'm going to keep reading and see if I can figure out what's going on with the coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, missed the fast at the beginning and I now get the coffee. A little bit of my sharpness has worn off in the last few months. Not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete