Happy New Year Hodge Podge Vol. 107
1. How did you ring in the new year? We didn't stay up until midnight on Monday as Honey Bear had to work on Tuesday.......we wished each other a Happy New year in the morning before he left for the day and then I spent it like any other week day....laundry, bed making, blogging, etc. I think we'll be drinking our toast with champagne on Friday evening.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013? All the blessings God has in store for me......spending time with family and friends...........oh you said one thing:
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you? Its true......I've been married to many different men who all have the same name........He never ceases to amaze and surprise me.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? I do not like green, I do not like it Sam I am.......My daughter's favorite color and i gave her an emerald green shirt for Christmas........it is my birthstone and I have rings and necklaces that color but I want be adding it to my home or wardrobe.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?I guess that would be it.....although diamonds are also favorites
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.I'm trying to remember what movies we saw in 2012.....I know we saw one in Georgia with the kids in July....I think it was a sequel to one of the animated ones but can't remember right now......I saw The Hunger Games with Daughter and her two and I guess that would be the favorite as I read all three books and so did they...............it was good to share it with them.......I read several books that would be top of the list but I'll just say, State of Wonder.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I journal. I always finish out the old year book with thoughts and recall of how I improved and goals I accomplished; then I begin the new book looking ahead with things I'd like to see happen as well as where we live, what we're involved in, that sort of thing. Today is the 2nd and so far, I've done neither of those.......
New Year's Eve has never been a holiday we celebrated in a big way. I wrote yesterday about the traditional food for New Year's Day when I was growing up. What traditions or ways of celebration have you always done? I forgot to watch the Rose Parade and I always enjoy seeing and hearing about all the flowers and organic material used to decorate the floats.
If you'd like to participate in Wednesday Hodge Podge, just go here to Joyce's blog.