All is Fair in Love
1. The popular saying, 'All is fair in love and war' is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
No, that is just someone using an idiom as an excuse for bad behavior.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
I don't eat cereal too often, I'm probably going to have Multi Grain Cheerios and a Banana for breakfast in a few minutes. I eat these and Frosted Mini Wheats without milk. The only cereal I like milk on is Raisin Bran.
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).
We only know what was reported and not what was actually said so it is hard to form an honest opinion, however it seems extreme. Talking about shooting bubbles at each other isn't an act of terrorism.
4. Whatever happened to____modesty_________________________?
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to?
Yes, if I take my time to do it well. I like printing and often do one or the other. A Check
6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
On a business trip to New Jersey, a client of my husband's took us to a museum exhibition in Philly one night before dinner.....so, yes I've been there but didn't spend much time visiting. I'd like to see more of the city.
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Joyce, you come up with the most interesting set of questions each week. Thanks