Over Here-In the Wednesday HodgePodge Vol. 21
1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? I think so. Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? Don't own one...usually download directions from Google Maps. When was the last time you used a map? While we were in Charleston, we used a map of the city for our walking tours.
2. What's your favorite cookbook? One I have put together myself
3. What painting would you like to 'walk into' and experience? Why? I have always loved Van Gogh's Irises and Monet's Water Lillies...I have prints of both in the kitchen.
4. What annoys you more-misspellings or mispronunciations? Well since one is written and one is spoken..I'd have to say mispronunciations but I would never correct anyone unless they asked...that is just rude....although my SIL does it all the time.
5. What is something your mother or father considered important? Living by the Ten Commandments, always telling the truth, being kind and helpful to others.
6. Do you like or dislike schedules? On vacation, I don't like to have a rigid schedule....at a conference, I like a schedule with some free time.....As far as my day goes, I don't follow one....
7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-"Roses are red, Violets are blue...."
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I love my family
and my friends too
if you'd like to read the history behind that little ditty you'll find it here.
8. Insert your own random thought here...
"Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood
A beautiful day for a neighbor"
this song came to mind when I woke to sunshine this morning.
A lovely border seen in Charleston