Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday, Monday

Good morning, all
I hope your Easter was special, spent with those you love, and that you took time to remember the cross...
Honey Bear and I attended services with our Daughter and the two wee ones..afterward, we shared lunch on the deck with them, a friend and her son, and the Princess's friend. It was a beautiful day, a little humid, cloudy most of the day. The children hid and hunted eggs...I stuffed some of them with prizes to make it more fun.....didn't get any photos......had a lovely message from my son.

I spent some of last week planting the flowers that I had bought at the plant sale on the 14th. I told you that I always get carried away when I'm shopping for them so it took a while to get them all planted. Honey Bear helped.

The workshop on Tuesday went well....we made 70 Easter Baskets for the Seniors at CASA....60 regular and 10 diabetic...we also stuffed paper cupcakes with candy for the Senior Center's party....afterward some of us went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and shopping....Daughter and I had dropped the furry ones off at the Vet that morning and we had to pick them up after lunch....let me tell you that was one upset Kitty that I retrieved...He was in a corner of his kennel, ears flat on his head, mouth wide open, teeth bared and snarling....I had to throw a towel over him to get him out.....Once I had him back in his carrier, he calmed down.
Then Honey Bear's sister called to say she was in town for the day so I invited her over to spend the rest of the afternoon with me.

Wednesday, the stormy weather was over in time for my road trip south...my two sisters met me at a Kmart...we went to visit our Dad's sister....she is the only sibling of his still living and the oldest of the 4...she is 90, living in an assisted living facility.....She is still sharp mentally, just limited physically....we had a lovely visit...she recalled memories of her childhood with Daddy and her early years as a wife and mother.
On the way home, I stopped at an antique mall in a small town I went through....I was mainly looking for old books I might use in the "I'm Making A Journal" project here....I spotted an old singer sewing machine while I was there...I didn't buy it....I'm still mulling that over...didn't want to buy it and then regret it later.

I've been stitching a lot on the two cross stitch projects......and reading, trying to get the Book Club book finished before our meeting.

There was no MMOM today so I thought I would just update you on happenings here. Honey Bear is finishing up his 4 day weekend and will return to work tomorrow.  I'm planning to spent the day quietly here at home...its cloudy but isn't supposed to rain until tonight.

 I hope you have a wonderful start to your week.....
Mama Bear

5 comments:

  1. Yes, we had a lovely Easter. M&D said that their Church Service was beautiful.

    We had a nice turkey dinner and then fell asleep. Isn't that what teddy bears do - eat and sleep? Giggle.

    Heaps of Hugs, Happy Easter Week.
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy time yet looks like a wonderful time. We had a quiet Easter here at home. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a productive week and a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...poor kitty! They don't like vets, do they?

    It sounds like you've been staying busy. I'm glad your Easter was a nice one. Have a great Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a quiet Easter..... Me and Dennis spent the day alone and then went to dinner with son Chris...it was an ok day....... Dennis and I have got to find us a Church....... Seems that we just do not fit at so many places.... Thinking of you and that sweet daughter...... Waiting on the rain to go away for a while.....everything is water soaked....... Longing for summer!

    ReplyDelete