Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...Its 68 °F, (20 °C), dark, cloudy and wet as we've had rain early this morning....there's a Squirrel on the porch(he better stay out of my potted flowers)...I can see the Geraniums and Lantana I planted, I love seeing flowers blooming when I look out...we're supposed to have stormy weather the next 2 days and possibly tornadoes(did you see the news about the one that hit Arkansas yesterday? Well, that is the front that will be coming through here)
We've been seeing this pair for about two weeks now...I don't believe they're nesting yet but probably will be soon...there has been lots of courting going on between several of our bird pairs
Hearing...what sounds like thunder in the distance but could be traffic on a highway about 2 miles away
I am thinking...about my Daughter and her situation(although I just need to give it to God and let go)....can't understand how someone we thought of as a son could do what he is doing...she is so strong but I'm afraid this will break her.
Feeling thankful for...Honey Bear's safe arrival in Memphis....the Cross and what it means to me....that Heaven is real....a peaceful home filled with love
I am remembering...the past 4 days with Honey Bear, a little taste of what retirement will be like...Easter Sunday with Daughter, a friend and 4 children hunting eggs in our yard....being able to dine outside
Creating this...
 Don't you just love those little spools of thread?
and...occasionally crocheting on the prayer shawl(need to go
pick up some more yarn)
and I need to prepare some pages for the journal I mentioned yesterday.....so much I want to do....so little time
I am currently reading...
another Cobbled Court book...don't you love reading books in a series or even books with the same protagonist..its like reading about friends.....I finished my Book Club selection: I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg (I finally just downloaded it to my Kindle since Daughter had the hardback) in 3 days, it was a good read and would make a good movie just like her Fried Green Tomatoes
OH and for Denise: our pastor mentioned "Heaven is For Real" on Sunday, I read a little from it to my honey and Daughter
One year ago today...It was 60 degrees and cloudy...a tornado had just destroyed much of the town where Honey Bear grew up...we were meeting my uncle for lunch...I was reading The Aloha Quilt(an Elm Creek Quilt Book) ... I had scheduled an appointment for my annual physical (need to do that again)...working on the GJ quilt stitchery 
I am hoping...to get back on my Weight Watchers program today(I've been eating way too much of the wrong foods)
On my mind...the things that need to get done today
Noticing that...today, when I could have slept late, I woke early and couldn't go back to sleep and on days when I have plans and have to get up and get ready, I could sleep late
Pondering these words..."Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out, Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away"...a song by George Strait
From the kitchen...some dirty food containers that Honey Bear brought in from his car(he just rinses them out)...tuna salad for my lunch...and a snippet of Mother's Rose Bush(my sister gave me to root)
Around the house...the usual early week chores to do...
I am praying for...Son..Daughter...Honey Bear...Brad & Jennifer...Denise...Abbey...others
A few plans for the week...a hair appointment tomorrow(hope the weather isn't too bad)...a trip to Hobby Lobby and Walmart....
One of my favorite things...singing (I was a little disappointed in the music service at Church Sunday...we didn't sing "He Lives")
From my picture file...more Charleston benches
 this one is called a joggling board, read more about it here

In Battery Park

Check out other daybooks here.

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your daughter's situation -- that is so hard.

    Your cross stitch is coming along nicely. I am close to being done with mine but have the hardest part yet to do.

    I so like some book series with the same main characters and the feeling of visiting old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your daughter. I know how hard it must be. I will be praying for her.

    Love the picture of the woodpeckers, and all of your projects. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother taught us to do Samplers and make pot holders, hook rugs and cross stitch...she was a master of them all, unfortunately I wasn't the best pupil! Cross stitch is still my favorite. Mac just got his growtainers for the tomato plants up, are you going to do them this year? Loved your post, its always so detailed and we learn more about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog & leaving your kind words. We received to different type of bushes at the funeral home, so we are putting those in for sure. Going to buy some flowers as well.
    Hope everything works out for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped sewing and made a cup of coffee and rambled through your peaceful post. It is hard to fathom what goes on in others minds and how they see life, hoping that your daughter will come out of this situation as a happy blessed child. I too was deprived in the praise offered on Easter Sunday , didn't get my choice, thoug I didn't put it forward. Lovely birds to have nesting around your house. Lovely to hear from your son, and the rinsed out dishes well that't part of life also Blessings Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have prayed for your daughter but I must tell you that the same thing happened to us a while back. Our SIL whom we loved just acted like my daughter and our family was nothing but you know what? God had a plan. When one door closes.....another opens. Our daughter is married to her soul mate now. Seriously. He worships the ground she walks on. She is happier now than she ever imagined. So sometimes when we think it is the worst thing it could be the best thing. It still hurts but oh my goodness.....God is so good! Love your day book as always. I think I will do one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is experiencing a difficult time. I agree with the commenter above, God has a plan. We experienced a similar experience with our daughter, but in end she came out a stronger, wiser person--and found someone who loves her and treats her like she deserves to be treated.

    I totally agree with you when you say "so many things I want to do, but so little time." It's the story of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sorry that your daughter is having a hard time.

    the fannie flagg book was one of her better ones but "fried green tomatoes" is still my favorite and the one i will read until my copy falls apart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry your daughter is having a difficult time. Your stitching is beautiful. Thanks for your comment on my Daybook and for the virtual Cadbury egg. :) I enjoyed reading your Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am sorry to hear that your daughter is going through such a hard time. I will keep her in my prayers today. What a blessing she has in you, her Mama!

    Your so creative and what you're working on is so beautiful! I love the color of your prayer shawl. It's coming along nicely.

    We did end up having a thunderstorm and high winds. The winds were scary enough that we went and hid in our hallway for a few moments. The big pine trees were bending a little too far over for that peaceful feeling. My son and his therapist got caught in a warm rain shower earlier in the day. It was so fun to watch them laugh and run back to the house!

    I enjoyed seeing your birds at the feeder!! I love birds and enjoy making up little love stories for the pairs I see. It's a silly thing to do, I know. Just something I've done since I was a girl! I will be posting some new pictures of the baby birds we've been watching today. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a friendly comment on my daybook. You are a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know about your daughter's situation...sounds like all kinds of wrong. Hope it's settled and lives will be better for everyone involved quickly. Yep, strength is found in those you love and what you believe. In so many ways.

    Your handiwork is beautiful. I especially like the crochet work. And your woodpecker couple is simply outstanding. You've really captured them well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad I played catch up and read your post from yesterday. . . the benches are great but especially the one you had a link to. I never heard of such a bench and love reading about it. My friend in France will too. I will see if I can get her to visit your post.

    Your beautiful handiwork is fantastic. You get so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete