Its Wednesday, folks, and you know what that means.As I was drinking my coffee and getting ready to do this post,we were under a tornado watch...Looks likethat storm has passed and the sun is peaking out.Susan is our host for the outdoor stuff and Joyce for the questions. Hop on over and check it out.
Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol 24...that's a W, right?
Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. What is something that bothers you if its not done perfectly?
the bed, I guess, although I don't think its ever perfect, I can't stand wrinkles or sheets pulled away from the bottom
2. What is one of your best childhood memories?
My family didn't take vacations like folks do today...we couldn't afford it..most of the time we visited family when we had some time off, cousins in Atlanta or Florida...but two "real" vacations stand out in my mind: the best one was the summer I was 10, we rented a cabin in a state park about an hour from home...I think it was the best because we were all together every minute and my parents were having fun, not working...we hiked and picnicked and just enjoyed being together..Daddy had bought two cases of soft drinks(we rarely had them) and we were able to have several a day.
3. Do you plan to watch the Royal Wedding and when was the last time you wore a hat?
I love wearing hats and have been a member of the Red Hat Club...the last time I wore a hat was in the winter when I attended Christian Connection luncheon....and no, I don't plan to watch the Royal Wedding...I heard it would be telecast at 5:30 AM here....I don't plan to be up that early. I might watch some news coverage later.
4. Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? Do you think this has influenced your personality?
My parents had 4 children: 3 daughters and 1 son. I am the middle daughter....I'm not sure that had a major influence on my personality, a lot of that is genetic....I am the one all of the others look to for advice and help...I'm the one my parents depended on the most...thinking about the temperament of my siblings, I have to say I'm the most like my Mother...my Dad thought so, too.
5. Where do you think you spend most of your money?
Looking at our expenditures for any given month, it would be housing followed by groceries....when we look at retirement and how much money we will need to survive on, Insurance and prescriptions will be major expenses...right now we have a company plan where part of that expense is covered.
6. When you need to confront someone would you rather communicate in person, by phone, by email or by letter? Why?
Well, like Joyce, I hate confrontations and avoid them as much as possible...point in fact: I've not talked to SIL about the situation with him and my daughter, trying to stay out of it as much as possible, although there are lots of things I'd like to say to him.
7. Dodgeball, freeze tag, kickball or jump rope? You have to pick one. Gee, do you know how old I am....I might play the first two but I'd be a real easy target because I don't move too fast....I certainly can't jump rope for obvious reasons...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Its 10:30 and I am still in my pajamas but hey, I wore them all day yesterday....I definitely need to work on my to-do list and be productive...the fact that the storm is passed and the sky has brightened up, gives me more motivation...Yesterday, it was dark most of the day...I watched the movie: Charlie St. Cloud....it was very good. Daughter is supposed to come by and bring lunch so I may not be back to visit until later today.
A couple of weeks ago, I went to the plant sale
These photos were taken there
A big thank you for all the comments on yesterdays
post and the prayers for my Daughter