In the Good Old Hodge Podge
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you? That 2012 doesn't bring anything to mind........Lots of songs come to mind, though....anyone remember Summer Place?
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food? That's easy! Tomatoes
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why? Joyce Kilmer, I've loved the poem, Trees, since I first heard it as a child when my sister had to memorize it in school.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move? Age 17, when I married Honey Bear
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money? It's a toss up, I suppose...it certainly is satisfying to have a little nest egg saved and I like to see a certain balance in my bank accounts.....however, I'm always looking for ways to be more organized and efficient.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people. How they react in a crisis...such as after 9/11....after the tornadoes which destroyed so many homes in North Alabama last April, so many people reached out to help their neighbors.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time? I know many people plan a vacation week each year.....we've rarely had an entire week's vacation but usually just take long weekends.....we're planning a trip to visit our son and his family in Georgia which will only be 4 days.......the girls and I have our annual 'camping trip' coming up for 1 night.....Honey Bear and I normally do a 'getaway' trip Spring and Fall for a few nights. He has rarely taken an entire week off at one time but prefers to take his vacations days, a few at a time.
8. Insert your own random thought here. "Summertime and the living is easy"..whoever wrote that didn't have a garden or live in the South.
Joyce just keeps coming up with interesting questions and topics for our Wednesday blog. Here's the link.