Like a good neighbor...
Hodge Podge #81
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
In the way I sabotage any weight loss plan I start..seems like there's two warring faction like good and evil sparring off whenever I'm tempted to go off track...
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
Absolutely not since I can't swim.....I love seafood....but I guess if I had to name a creature I'm really fond of: Loggerhead Turtles and Seals.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
Okay, see my answer to #1....I like to wade and that is about it...at the pool, I'll get in to cool off and might even float with a "noodle" but I can't say I'm comfortable in the ocean.
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
Think about how it feels to have it finished, if I have to be gone most of the day, then finishing before I start out isn't so hard because I know when I come home I'll be happy I did it before because I won't want to do it then.....when it comes to stocking the pantry every 6 weeks, a job I hate, I know I'll be happy its done.
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
No, I'm here if they need me but I'm not a visitor. I used to be when Neighborhoods weren't as transitional. We did recently invite the couple next door for wine by the pond...When I lived in PA and Honey Bear was gone 3 days out of 7, I had a single lady living next door and we spent much time together.
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
Mostly me but Honey Bear will sometimes.....I have a right way which is more organized and efficient but would never complain if he didn't do it my way....I'll take all the help I can get.
7. You know it's summer when____tomatoes are ripe_____also when the humidity is higher than the temperature outside__.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Zucchini Quiche and Melon are on the menu for tonight with Strawberry shortcake for dessert...wonderful Summertime foods.
Please stop by and visit Joyce.....
Thanks for continuing to come up with great questions and host us each week.