Saturday, December 30, 2017

Saturday 9

I found this meme over at Your Friend from Florida, she says:
Saturday 9: It's Just Another New Year's Eve (1977)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Welcome to the last Saturday 9 of 2017! Thanks for a great year, everyone.
my answers are in red. 

1) In this song, Barry Manilow declares New Year's Eve is "just another night." How do you feel about 12/31? Is it a special occasion or just another night?
Since it marks the end of another year, it isn't just another night...I think it should be a time to reflect on how you used your year and if you reached any of the goals you set yourself...I think as a couple, we can reflect on our year together and talk about the highlights and lessons learned...As for celebrating, we'll toast the new year with Mimosas while we spend another night at home together...Had hoped to have our hot tub and maybe enjoy a relaxing time in it but alas it still has not arrived.
2) Barry sings that in the past year, "we've made mistakes." What in 2017 do you wish you could do over?
There is nothing glaringly obvious to me.

3) He also sings of happy nights with friends. Tell us about a really good time you had in the past year.
Each year in March, a group of women friends go on retreat...some are quilters and we usually bring a project of some kind to work on...there's usually a jigsaw puzzle out and anyone can stop by during retreat to work on it...Each night after dinner and a short walk for some, we gather in a circle and play games like "I never ever". These evenings with friends filled with laughter, and friendly banter mean so much.

4) The song references growing wiser, as well as older. What's something you learned or discovered in 2017?
With the Internet, I am constantly looking up and learning things...this is especially true when reading a book as I can look up words, customs, and places to learn more than just the story...for instance, I am reading Harm None by Will North..the story takes place in Penzance..I looked it us and now know that the towns mentioned in the story are on Cornwall's coast...I've also learned about customs and some history of the area...I read some where that learning new things is good for the brain as we get older and so I'm constantly learning.

5)  What do you wish you had spent more time doing during 2017?

walking...first I was recovering from shoulder surgery and then I had diverticulitis and by then it was too hot to walk outside...I did do some walking on my treadmill but not enough....then we had some nice Fall days and I walked every day for 1 week before I got this Bronchitis so now it is very cold out and I've not been moving enough...My best friend walks every morning at 6:30 am, rain, shine, cold or hot...I wish I was more motivated to do that....I am too sedentary.

6)  What was the smartest thing you did all this past year?
Get my hair cut short...I had always worn it about shoulder length and in April had it cut fairly short...although I do not especially like the look, I love the convenience and if I am immobilized again like with my shoulder surgery, it will be much easier for someone else to shampoo for me...namely Honey Bear.

7)  As this year comes to a close, what are you most grateful for?

My loving husband.

8) When this week's featured artist, Barry Manilow, was a jingle writer, he wrote the famous "You deserve a break today at McDonald's" song. When is the last time you visited the Golden Arches?

I'm sure its been over a year unless you count stopping to use their facilities.

9) Random question: In high school, were you more popular with the boys or the girls?
I think I'd have to say the boys...although I did have a few very close female friendships.

Let me add that on my post writing page all of this post is the same size font but when I published it, that changed.


4 comments:

  1. We stop at McDonald's for a McPee when we travel too! LOL I enjoyed reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I find that the last day of the year should be an evening of reflection.

    Last time we stopped at McD's was on the way home from our sons. We wanted to eat quickly and be back on the road home.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammi, so nice to be back in touch. I finally found my password.

    I am also constantly researching and looking things up online. I learn something new almost every day and it's good for our mental capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete