Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Hodge Podge with Gravy
1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?
How fast the years have passed.
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?
They are all ridiculous and I couldn't find the definitions when I used the link. I might have used buttdial one, not sure, I would never say any of the rest.
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite?
I'm not a big fan of gravy....I do eat it when I order eggs in a restaurant because I like eggs soft scrambled and they never seem to be able to cook them that way. A little gravy helps soften them up.
I rarely make gravy anymore as it isn't really good for you....I do like the little envelopes that one only needs to add water to, and simmer a few minutes before its ready, good on mashed potatoes or rice. Again just helps the food go down. I guess if I have to pick a favorite it would be mashed potatoes and gravy.
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain. Not sure about this question.....I usually have a plan for getting things done on time.....
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on?
No, no longer own the game. I probably won't play a game again.........Yes I've been to Atlantic City......Yes I've ridden on a train.........Parking is free at shopping centers and stores near me.........downtown(which I never go to)has paid parking.............
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?
Thanks for the Memories.......from 1938
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for?
Living in America
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sorry, I've been busy with some cleaning, Christmas Shopping and meetings and haven't had a chance to post.
As always, credit goes to Joyce for hosting Hodge Podge and coming up with such good questions week after week. Hop over to her place to join in.