Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday Scribles

Another week has gone by and we are into August...can't believe how fast time passes. As I said, Daughter moved into an apartment which meant downsizing quite a bit...for some reason, I keep bringing things home she has discarded...I don't need them and it just means she'll be sorting them again..For example: Longaburger baskets. She had many more than I have and she did try to sale them on EBay and at her yard sale..Guess they're not as popular as they once were. I've ended up with 4 or 5 of hers and I'm not sure I'll keep them.

I've had a good week. Monday, I laid out the top and batting for Holly Cottage then realized the batting would need piecing. The backing does also and I haven't gotten that done yet, although I did get the pieces ready to stitch together....Tuesday I had an appointment with my Pulmonologist and he said I didn't need to come back for 6 months. Ya me!  Now to just finish treatment with the Infectious Disease physician which I hope will happen in September....Wednesday, I went for a haircut and it is a little too short for my liking but it will grow...don't think I'll need a haircut in 3 weeks, though. I've been doing some baking: Blueberry Muffins, Pumpkin Bread to freeze, Blackberry Cobbler, and a Pineapple upside down cake. Most of this I shared with other people...We had fried okra and sliced cucumbers from the garden to go with other items I cooked. Wednesday the temperature was a little lower and we were able to enjoy the porch in the evening, after we doused ourselves in insect repellent. We saw a juvenile Red Headed Woodpecker and then an adult. These sightings are rare so such a blessing. Yesterday, I went to Book Club. We had read The Hamilton Affair and had a good  discussion.
That's it for this week,
Mama Bear

4 comments:

  1. I have Longaberger baskets that I don't really need too. They were really big at one time. Maybe they will come back and we can unload them to others some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week! I never had Longebergers, but I have gotten rid of piles of baskets - I don't know how they accumulate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are busy.... I had to look up those baskets as I'm not familiar with the name.... they are lovely... I would find it hard to resist taking home too!! haha
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't get rid of Longaberger baskets!! I have so many but I'm not even sure my kids know about them. I better make sure they keep them. I have to say you have been definitely keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete