Wednesday, December 27, 2017

After Christmas

I'm thankful for the blessings of the season...that we didn't have to travel far to enjoy being with part of our family....I've been trying to arrange a lunch with my siblings and any nieces and nephews who want to join us on January 7st....I'll travel about half way to where they all live and they will meet me there.

Yesterday, I had to try and put away the Christmas gifts and other paraphernalia left from our Christmas celebration the night before and kind of put my house in order...then try and program the fit bit and dot my daughter gave me...Granddaughter gave me the new Tim and Faith album and I tried to upload it to my devices so I could listen to it on my kindle music...so far I've only got one song.

I'm sitting here with a cup of tea listening to Kenny G on my new Echo Dot.
I had an appointment this morning with my hairdresser which she had changed without telling me....I badly need a haircut but will have to wait until tomorrow...I had a manicure instead then went by Sprouts for some of their Honey Fruit Chicken salad which I love and a rotisserie chicken to serve for dinner then use leftovers in Chicken Dumplings tomorrow....

Outside my window it is around 32 degrees and cloudy...the sun has come out a couple of times but didn't survive long...Winter is here in North Alabama....but wee have green pines and cedars, some green grass and bushes so all is not grey..lots of birds coming to the feeders....
I'm looking forward to the hot tub arriving tomorrow and getting to use it on New Years Eve if not before...
Meanwhile I am still battling Bronchitis, using my nebulizer and my inhalers...hoping I won't have to go back to the doctor...
and a couple of winter photos from my picture album.



5 comments:

  1. It's been in the 20s and 30s here in eastern TN the last few days. Cold! Sounds like you got some nice gifts! My husband would love to have a hot tub. He also got an Echo dot. I wasn't terribly impressed - I listen to music on my phone - until he programmed it to turn our Christmas lights off and on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is extremely cold where I live. Staying in as much as possible.

    I also have a couple of gifts to try and find room for. Kurt (oldest son) bought me a sewing machine. I don't think he realized I already had two machines that would let me use them for machine quilting.... I will try selling one of the less expensive straight sewing machines.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post. Sorry that you still don't feel well. I will have to check out that chicken salad at Sprouts. Enjoy your hot tub and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty projects,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete