Thursday, June 1, 2017

Thursday Thoughts

So...this past Sunday, after
church and lunch out at Ruby's,
Honey Bear and I went to Wally 
World to see if we could find some
food for the Birds...we get so much
pleasure from watching them at the feeders
and in the yard, bringing their little
ones even as I write this...we
also enjoy watching the Robins as
they cock their heads to listen to the
bugs and worms unseen and then find
them and eat them...
anyway,as I was saying...
we ended at the cash register..
paying for about 40 bucks of bird food
when I spotted this little 
Peace Lily sitting there, dying..
yes, she was bone dry, and root bound
and begging for rescue...so I pop
her on the conveyor belt..
 only $5 ...her leaves were drooping
on top of each other but she was so
brave, because she had two
blooms ready to open..
At home, I set her in a saucer and
filled the bottom with water, and
filled it with water and filled it
with water until she was full.
She rewarded me shortly with
her leaves back up and perky
then Monday morning she
opened one of her blooms
as a thank you for her rescue.
I have, since, planted her in a
bigger pot so she will have
room to grow...
Before moving back to Alabama from Tennessee
in 2009-09, I had several large Peace Lilies but I 
gave them to my neighbor...here in this house it is
hard to have house plants as we have so much shade and there's not much room in the windows where we have light available...but I put her in the kitchen and 
she seems to like it there.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, another plant rescuer....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the caring green finger touch. Enjoy your lilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete