Monday, July 25, 2016

A Simple Woman's Daybook

 

 For today...
Monday, July 25,2016, 12:30pm
Outside my window...
94 degrees F. and partly cloudy
high humidity and feels like 99...
I can see a sunflower just opening up,
the red Caladium and red
Geranium contrasting with a light green
Sweet Potato vine...
of course Smokey is asleep
on his window seat...
    I am thinking...
that all the work I've done this morning
has left my shoulder screaming
and I need to take some
medication... 
A Bible verse I'm sharing...
 "The Word gave life to everything
that was created, and his life
brought light to 
everyone" John 1:4
 I am thankful...
that I can read the Word...
In my Kitchen...
a Blackberry cobbler, fried Okra,
Cornbread, Purple Hull Peas,
and Corn 
On my prayer list...
my Daughter's surgery tomorrow
on her back, Jim's congestion,
more rain and a break in the heat,
safe travel for Jodie and Chris,
others  
I am wearing...
Khaki capries and a 
Khaki and White
Tee 
I am creating...
nothing at the moment
A song that stays on my mind...
 I am going...
to stay home today
Feeling hopeful...
that the heat will be over soon
I am reading...
Lord Harrington and the 
Spring Mystery by 
Lynn Florkiewicz...
and listening t
Big Little Lies by
Liane Moriarty   
A few of my favorite things...
Falling rain
In his garden...
only Tomatoes
The rest of the week...
going to the hospital
with Daughter tomorrow 
From my photo file...



3 comments:

  1. Hope your daughter's surgery goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that your daughter's surgery goes well,tomorrow, and brings her some relief. (I know she's hurting or she wouldn't be having surgery)
    I also hope this heat will break soon. It's been a long, hot summer, so far!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers and good thoughts for your daughter's surgery tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete