Monday, July 4, 2016

A Simple Woman's Daybook

 

 For today...
Monday, July 4th 2016, 11:30am
Outside my window...
89 degrees and partly cloudy
expecting it to get to 94...
I am thinking...
about a road trip I may take tomorrow
A Bible verse I'm sharing...
"yet God has made everything beautiful
for its own time. He has planted
eternity in the human heart, but even so,
people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11   
I am thankful...
that we live in a country founded by Godly
people who wanted to live free.. 
In my Kitchen...
fresh squash, zucchini, with onions
blackberry pie
fresh peas
cornbread straight from the oven
sliced tomatoes and cucumbers 
On my prayer list...
the government of the people
healing for daughter
safe independence day 
I am wearing...
white knit pants, red top
I am creating...
a happy home
A song that stays on my mind...
I am going...
to stay home today
Feeling hopeful...
about the future
I am reading...
The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club
by Dorothy Sayer 
A few of my favorite things...
hearing wind chimes
Looking forward to...
more fresh vegetables
from the garden 
In his garden...
harvested the first green beans
this weekend...squash have played out..
its just too hot for them...6 pints of 
Beets canned...and about that many
packs of Blackberries and Blueberries
in the freezer...more Blackberries
to come but Blueberries are finished...
Tomatoes beginning to be harvested, and
the Brandywines are so large and pretty 
The rest of the week...
Road trip tomorrow to meet with cousins...
possible book club on Friday...a weekend trip
to Lookout Mountain 
From my photo file... 
Wonder Boy and Yoshi
several years ago...

  






2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed catching up with you through this post. Take care.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been harvesting a lot from your garden. We picked lettuce today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete