Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015 A New Year

Hello
Its a new year and I've been organizing some things. I'm thinking I need to get back to blogging. I'm catching up with all of you on my reading list. I'm going to try and leave at least one comment and not simply be lurking. I may change my look, we'll see.
I stopped by to see Barbara at Stray Thoughts and checked out her reading list for 2015. I have my first 2015 Book Club meeting on Friday. That is when we choose our books for the year. Before 2014 slipped away, I did some research and made a list in the back of my journal. I'll share some of those in a later post. I finally learned how to borrow books from the library on my kindle and utilize the once a month book borrow on Amazon. This way I don't have to buy as many.
I stopped by SAL this morning and they're doing another project. I hope its not too late to sign up but if it is I'll just follow along on my own. I ordered Anni Downs new book Natures Journey and can't wait until it comes so I can get started. My projects were few and far between in 2014. I have a rag quilt started that has sat on the machine for many months and I started a cross stitch in the Winter which I've not picked up in months. I did crochet some dish cloths and just need to finish those off. 
Its a cold 36 degrees here in Alabama today with cloudy skies. My Daddy used to say the sun had mildewed when we had so many grey days. 
Honey Bear is still doing home health care 3 mornings a week and he began a consulting job in Tennessee in the Fall which takes him away from home once a week.
On a cheerier note: Health wise: I have lost 22 pounds since August and am trying to eat healthy, lots of fruits and veggies. I got my total Cholesterol down to a more desirable number.
In August, we changed our Church membership to the one our daughter attends witch is within 3 miles of home. I am singing in the Senior Adult choir, we preform for Nursing Home residents. I am a leader in one of the WMU groups. I did a Fall Bible Study, Beth Moore's study of Paul.
Now back to visiting.....
Mama Bear

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Back, we have missed you.

    Hugs,
    Prudence

    Heaps of hugs to Wil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I've missed you, so it's good hearing from you again.
    Congrats on getting healthier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, I am so looking forward to reading what you have been up to. I have missed you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you again! Congratulations on the weight loss! I haven't done anything crafty in a while - I need to finish a stitching project and start another.

    ReplyDelete