Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Zig Zagging Through the Hodge Podge


1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
I recently did some decoupage for the first time

2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
All I Have to Do is Dream and Bird Dog by the Everly Brothers......I remember hearing them on the radio in the kitchen when I was 8 years old or so.

3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should everygroup/event be open to both genders?  If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate? 
I think that some groups should still be gender exclusive

4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
Cinnamon        I like Cinnamon rolls and Cinnamon toast


5.  I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and asked if I could steal borrow it for the Hodgepodge...thanks Marla!  

Chevron patterns are everywhere!  Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'? 
The pattern doesn't really appeal to me

6.  What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
I guess I'd have to say Football as a spectator......I can remember my Daddy and other men watching the games on Thanksgiving but I didn't really start being interested until high school and set out to learn all the lingo and order of the game after I married so I could watch and enjoy with Honey Bear.....we mostly just watch SEC games or college games and I know rules are different at the Professional level......my brother played in high school and his being 8 years younger than me and my getting married so young, we traveled to many of his games even though we lived almost 100 miles away at the time.

7. What can irritate you very quickly?
I don't really get irritated quickly about anything
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
School starts Monday and so I've been trying to spend some time with the two "grands" here this week. Yesterday, the Princess and I went to the movies and tomorrow Wonder Boy and I are going out for lunch......I had a hair appointment today and lunch with my friend, Rene.........so I've not had a lot of time to blog........
The humidity is low and this afternoon it was only 81 degrees so it felt like Spring outside......the low tonight is supposed to be 59....this is very unusual as August is our hottest month as a rule.....I'm happy about it because it means a lower utility bill and also it is pleasant to sit outside........
We finally got around to having fried green tomatoes for dinner tonight....they were yummy.

Thanks, Joyce for hosting Hodge Podge each week. It is always a surprise to see what questions you come up with.

5 comments:


  1. I listen to the Everley Brothers on the stereo on the patio when I am outside...they were my favorites even when the Beatles came out when I was 13...I love to sing along with them to the top of my lungs...Like Strangers is a fave...do you know it?
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fried green tomatoes, and we had them in several restaurants in SC last weekend. You don't see them on the menus in NJ too often : ) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't care for football. I enjoy watching golf. Would love to support my husband during football season. I've never had fried green tomatoes but I enjoy the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two songs that stand out from my childhood are Mairsy Doats and Mr, Lonely. It seems like I heard them on the radio every morning on the way to school.

    I've never been a football fan. I suppose if my husband enjoyed watching I would have learned more about it, but he doesn't.

    I don't care for chevron patterns, either.

    I've been loving the nice temperatures.

    ReplyDelete