Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday


Yesterday I ran errands with Daughter and the Princess so there was a lot of getting in and out of the car. The heat index reached 101. Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted by the time I returned home. Today, it is cloudy and the predicted high is 88 with a possibility of an afternoon thunderstorm.

I'm thankful for simple pleasures:
Walking barefoot in cool summertime grass...
Smokey sleeping on my lap....
Hummingbirds and Butterflies in my back yard...
Watching baby birds being fed by their parents...
Fresh veggies from the garden...
BLTs for dinner...
Honey Bear's smiling good morning hello....

What are you thankful for today?


8 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that the sun is shinning (at least for now)! I'd love for things to get dried out. I'm also thankful not to have any appointments this week! It's nice not to have to get dressed and 'be somewhere'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a truly Thankful Thursday for me! The money for my house came through and I financially back on my feet :) I am thankful for wonderful family and friends. I am thankful for peace of mind. I am thankful that I have come through a very difficult time, stronger and happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bluebird is sooooooooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for my wonderful friends both around me in real life and those who blog.

    I am thankful for the first sip of coffee in the morning.

    I am really thankful that Harvey shelled all the peas today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss grass... living in a hot dry climate doesn't afford us any... we just moved to this area in May this year. The people are nice enough... I just hate the climate! I'm making the most of it. Being a trooper.

    Great post, by the way. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful for good health. I have a lot of aches and pains, but nothing serious or life threatening like some people.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer hasn't been as hot as usual for us until the last few weeks. It is exhausting to try to get out and do much.

    I love simple pleasures!

    ReplyDelete