Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook


From Mama Bear's JournalFOR TODAY...Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Outside my window...74°F, 23°C, with overcast skies, supposed to have a heat index of 97 today with a chance of thunderstorms...Issac has left behind some nasty weather, we had tornado warnings on Sunday afternoon...wind is calm....Hummingbirds are eating breakfast

I am thinking...I could go back to bed and get a nap before I start the day...I was up at 5:30

I am thankful...that we've had enough rain to make up for the drought of early summer....for my sister's visit this weekend....that Honey Bear and I are healthy...

From the kitchen...lots of leftovers in the fridge...I finally got some stuffed peppers made and frozen.....Kraut with wieners, fried potatoes, peas, slaw and cornbread for dinner tonight

I am wearing...pajamas

I am creating...no new projects at the moment

I am going...to read some when I finish here...maybe that is why I'm so sleepy

One year ago today...the high was 68 degrees...we'd had rain after a 4 week drought...I was reading To Kill a Mockingbird...I was losing weight....doing a bible study...

I am wondering...if I should take a nap

These days I'm reading... An Amish Winter Wonderland

I am praying...for cooler temperatures

I remember when...we had new clothes for school and looked forward to wearing them the first week.......girls wore dresses to school, guys wore casual slacks and button down shirts...

I am looking forward to...babysitting for a friend this week

A verse for today...For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning..Psalm 30:5

Discovering that....I'm getting hungry for some breakfast, I've been up an hour already...

I am hearing...Honey Bear talking to Smokey....getting some breakfast

Around the house...things are mostly tidy but the studio could use some attention

Song that stays on my Mind...You Raise Me Up

A favorite quote for today..."Be like the bluebird who never is blue for 
he knows from his upbringing what singing can do." Cole Porter

One of my favorite things...walking through fallen leaves 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Baby sitting Wednesday, a day with my Daughter on Thursday, Book Club Friday

From my photo file....

7 comments:

  1. Don't faint, it's really me! lol Feels good to be back to blogging and visiting again, been much too long!!

    You're still getting some really hot temperatures! It's the same here but not as hot:-) We've usually had a bit of frost by now but not this year, the temps are staying above normal for this time of year. Right now it's 68 but supposed to go up in the high 70's, low 80's by afternoon.

    I, too, often think of what it was like getting new clothes for school and how excited we were to be able to wear them when school resumed:-) Today is the first day of school for the kids around here and it felt strange hearing the school buses go by after not hearing them since June!!

    Have a wonderful day dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your verse today. I could use a little of that "joy that comes in the morning".

    Those were the days--back when the girls wore dresses and the boys wore slacks and shirts to school. It was a much easier and simpler time, in my opinion.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photograph of the butterfly! I've got book club tomorrow night (Thurs) - I think you're still around midday now, and I'm getting ready for bed. It's been chilly here today - spring has hidden for a while! I am wearing fluffy winter pj's and sitting by the fire to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wearing my pj's right now -- only it's 2:30 in the afternoon! Haha! It's a rainy Saturday, so it just seemed rather appropriate! I'd like to hear how you enjoy An Amish Winter Wonderland -- I've never heard of it and I love Amish fiction! Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you stopped by the other day...I've been on a blogging hiatus for a while and just now this week trying to catch up on those that have visited with me.

    So, what did you have for breakfast then? And your stuffed peppers sound delicious as your hot dogs and sauerkraut. Yum to both.

    That An Amish Winter Wonderland sounds like it would be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopped by to say hello.

    Hope all is well
    you have been quiet.

    Take care

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete