Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook



From Mama Bear's Journal...

FOR TODAY...Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 9:00 am

Outside my window...It is cloudy and overcast,  72°F,  22°C,  with a predicted high of 85 and a low of 66 (I'm loving these temperatures)....the porch is still wet from the 0.7 inch of rain we had yesterday afternoon...Hummingbirds are fighting over the feeder, one of them has a guard station on a limb of the Maple Tree which I can see from where I sit....Mandevilla, Zinnias and Petunias bloom in pots on the porch... 

I am thinking...that maybe I've overdone this morning because I'm still not feeling in top form...

I am thankful...for my computer (writing brings me joy), for my friends online (I'm always talking about you to Honey Bear), for fresh veggies, and most of all for the cooler temperatures and lower humidity in the late afternoon....

From the kitchen... Chicken Tenders, Baked Potato and Slaw are on the menu tonight

I am wearing...white knit pants and a navy and white, boat neck tee with 3/4 sleeves.....fooled you didn't I, you thought I would say pajamas again....

From the garden this week....Okra, Onions, Potatoes, Strawberries, Watermelon, and Butter Beans..........also a squash occasionally which adds up to enough to cook every other week...........pepper to freeze...........Honey Bear is getting ready to plant Spinach and Lettuce for a Fall crop....

I am creating...No photos this week but I am still working on the same cross stitch and will be for many months.......I'm also doing embroidery on a strip of linen for a pin cushion...

I am going...to stay home today unless the Princess calls and wants to come over....

I am wondering...if the Princess will come spend the day.....she didn't come last week but I spent the day with her and her mother on Thursday...school starts on the 20th and she will ride the bus over one day a week then....

These days I'm reading...These is my Words (still, at bedtime) and Heartwood by Belva Plain, a return to Evergreen

I am praying...to soon feel normal, whatever that is.........for others on my prayer list

I remember when...it was exciting to have new clothes to wear to school as well as new notebooks, etc.....

I am looking forward to...All the things which make Fall my favorite season

A verse for today...Philippians 2:3.."In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself."

Discovering that....time can be a precious commodity 

I am hearing...the dryer........clocks ticking.........fans whirring.....Blue Jays chattering.......some kind of equipment in the distance

Around the house...Honey Bear helped me put a new dust ruffle on the bed yesterday as well as fresh linens, I added the comforter and will take the summer bedspread to the cleaners to be laundered......I hung another of his paintings in the living room, this one of a Heron...I have pictures that need to be hung in the Guest room and studio...........the carpet could use a vacuum but I'm not quite energetic enough to do that yet...(I'm thankful Honey Bear has been going to and from the garden through the garage so as not to track in too much......I've got the doors open to let in the light from outside......

Pondering these words..."Silence is Golden"

A favorite quote for today..."Lord, Grant me a heart of compassion. So burdened for other's needs, that I will show them Your mercy in attitudes, words and deeds." -Fitzhugh

One of my favorite things...A chicken Caesar Salad

A few plans for the rest of the week: Nothing much planned...there is an event tomorrow in Dekalb County some of our club members are going to and a meeting on Thursday to work on plans for the State Conference but I'm not sure I'll feel well enough to do either so I'm not planning on attending.

From my photo file....

visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybooks.......

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better, you are on my prayer list.

    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am concerned that you are feeling so poorly! :( Have you been to the Dr? I do hope you start feeling yourself soon! Sending love and prayers for healing from South Africa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your garden produce. :) We still have had no rain here but it is cloudy today so I'm hoping! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete