Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

On My Honor its the Hodgepodge volume #72
and Joyce is our host.

1. What's the last job you did that required elbow grease?
That's easy....Monday, I spot cleaned the carpet in the areas where Honey Bear and I sit in the living room....there were some stains that required scrubbing with a nail brush but I managed to get rid of it.

2. March Madness, aka the men's Division I basketball championship, is nearing an end. What sort of 'madness' has your house seen this month?

Nothing much out of the ordinary has happened in our house this month...

3. What's your favorite shop for browsing?
I haven't found a substitute for the Antique Mall in Memphis since I moved back....these days browsing the thrift shop or the hobby shop will have to do.
4. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
In a disagreement where you know you're right but can't prove it, its best to agree to disagree.

5. What's a song you love that contains the name of a city, state or country in its title?
That's easy: God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood and My Home's in Alabama by the band Alabama

6. When did you first begin using a computer?
1990, Daughter went away to college and on a visit, Honey Bear and I visited the computer lab where he had me sit down and get acquainted..I was afraid that I would somehow destroy the machine....we got our first home computer shortly after that and it took me a while to get familiar with the Word Perfect program which I used for writing. Our program had a few bugs and what showed up on the screen was not necessarily what came out on the paper...I don't think I used Internet much until we we closed our business in 1999.....by that time, I'd become efficient in computer use....still, until I got my first laptop, I didn't spend too much time on the computer.

7. Did you buy girl scout cookies this year? What's your favorite? 
No.....I didn't have the opportunity......I've always enjoyed the Trefoil (shortbread) and I loved the lemon sandwich cookies (they discontinued them this year).......Honey Bear likes the chocolate covered mint and the peanut butter.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
This seemed to be a random set of questions where usually we have some sort of theme.....

Thanks, Joyce for continuing to host and provide questions which make us think....

6 comments:

  1. I didn't come across any Girl Scouts selling cookies this year. Where we used to live, they were always outside a couple of store on Saturdays. I like the chocolate and peanut butter ones but I can never remember what the call them. Tagalongs, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our carpet could use a good cleaning...we've been here for 7 years, so it's overdo. It always makes the house look and smell so nice and fresh! Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers. Peanut Butter sandwiches have always been my favorite GS cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sanoa GS cookies. Awhile back, they had mint cookies with a thick layer of mint on the chocolate and I enjoyed those two. They not long ago continued the Square ones with a dipping of chocolate on the bottom00 made me sad they are no longer available. When I was a Girl Scout, we had one kind -- sandwich cook and they were 50 cents a box!

    Drop by and see my snow creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite GS cookies this year are the new Savannah Smiles (lemon)

    My favorite shopping is at Home Goods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx (have you tired those?)

    My sister isn't doing well now. Hospice is coming.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete