Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Leaping into Hodge Podge Volume #68



Welcome!
Let's see what questions Joyce has for us today.
1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?

Still recovering from the illness caused by the bloomin' pears......plus, I have my granddaughter who is home with a stomach virus...taking her to the doctor this afternoon....sounds like a fun day, doesn't it?

2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
Taking the money out of savings to pay off our mortgage.

3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far? 
No

4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
A couple of weeks ago, we had a fire in our fire pit out on the back porch.

5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
More than likely, I'd order another seafood selection from the menu...I like Lobster but it is quite expensive......When we lived in Pennsylvania, one of our favorite local restaurants had Lobster Pot on their menu. It was Longoustino. We thought it was wonderful.

6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose? My first thought was Lost but not the way it was at the end......Recently, I watched all the episodes of Brothers and Sisters on Netflix. I would have liked for it to keep going....

7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
My granddaughter says a Goldfish's memory only last 3 seconds....When it comes to remembering facts, I'm pretty good but then I might forget someone's name.....I make a lot of lists so that I don't forget items I want to take with me on a trip or ones I want to pick up at the store...

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking at the weather forecast, I'd say March is coming in like a Lion. They're predicting thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight...it is windy out but not too bad....

10 comments:

  1. Wow -- you're right, March is definitely marching in like a lion! I think the series I'd bring back was "Sisters". I enjoyed that show so much (and since I had three, I related to it well). Hope your week is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Not the stomach virus, too! That's just too much.

    I liked Lost, too, before it got so crazy at the end...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of my blogging friends are sick with stomach viruses. Hope that you get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said Brothers and Sisters. It was one of my favorites and I miss it! I enjoyed Lost. I agree with you on the price of Lobster. We often have very expensive meals out but I just can't see paying that price for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty windy here, too. We watched The Event and .. oh, I just forgot the name... something like The Nine -- both were just one season, I think, and were supposed to have some kind of mystery behind them, but they canceled them and just left them hanging. It would be nice if they could come back and at least finish the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well we have had a super gloomy gray gray day with wet snow and then icy ick and fog. A good day to be in and roast a chicken for dinner which is what I'm doing.

    Your day sounds like loads of fun : ) Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely is marching in like a roaring LION! Tomorrow, we're supposed to have thunderstorms with temps. nearing 77! Such a weird winter we've had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Defiantly no tummy bug here, and I don't want any. Hope every one feels better soon.
    hugs
    kay

    ReplyDelete