Dasher and Dancer and Hodgepodge #57
1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate? Not quite....no decorations in the guest room or study, those rooms are not in use at the moment. I plan to put a table in the study for Christmas Day dinner so I'll decorate that table.
2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why? I guess if I had to pick one it would be Sweden.
3. What does the word faith mean to you? Having an unshakable belief in God and Jesus Christ...that God is the author and finisher of my life...has a plan for me and guides me in making the right decisions..knowing that this world isn't the end but only a stepping stone in my journey to life eternal.
4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose? I can't pick a specific day
5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe. At my Open House last December.
2 6oz cans frozen orange juice concentrate
2 6 oz cans frozen lemonade concentrate
2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 quart ginger ale
Reconstitute frozen juice as dierected on cans. Combine in punch bowl with pineapple and lemon juice. Pour ginger ale slowly down inside of bowl. Drop scoops of sherbet into punch. (I used pineapple) Makes 3.5 quarts without sherbet which is optional. I mixed the first 4 ingredients in a separate container, poured about half of it with half the ginger ale into punch bowl. I floated fruit in mine.
6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?
Yes, we do stockings....Honey Bear always forgets to buy stocking stuffers so my daughter takes care of mine....I buy for her and the children.....we open our gifts on Christmas Eve and our stockings on Christmas morning. I wait to put the items in them until bedtime on Christmas eve. I have a few items for the stockings already but will probably pick up a few more before then.
7. What takes your breath away? Running in cold weather! OH, wait that wasn't what you meant......Life isn't in the breaths you take, but in the moments that take your breath away.......who said that........seeing my granddaughter born certainly qualifies.......opening my gift two Christmases ago and seeing that Honey Bear had bought the camera I wanted......watching the little ones open their gifts and seeing their smiles...
8. Insert your own random thought here. More cookie baking today!
Credit goes to Joyce for this blog hop. If you have time, stop by and join in.