Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...it was raining when I got up this morning...a pair of Gold Finch were eating breakfast on the thistle sock....now it looks steamy out there...77 °F, (25 °C) and expected to reach 91 today.
Hearing...traffic in the distance(probably the truck picking up recyclables)and an airplane
I am thinking...I should probably be doing something else besides sitting here at the computer
Feeling thankful for...the rain...living in America...AC(I know I say that a lot but thinking about the alternative is scary...I grew up without it so I know what that is like)...answered prayers(I'm so glad my Heavenly Father knows my needs before I ask as it says in Matthew 6:8)..
I am remembering...Sunday's church service and the patriotic music
Creating this...finished the prayer shawl this weekend and made 4 dish cloths
I am currently reading...29 by Adena Halpern
One year ago today...It was hot and dry...Honey Bear was off because it was the Monday after Independence Day...I was looking forward to my sister's visit.
I am hoping...everything works out for my sister to visit tomorrow(same week as last year)....I can get started on weight loss(I'm so unhappy with the way I look right now)
On my mind...I called the clinic for a prescription(have a little problem caused by the antibiotic I have been taking for my knee)and I have to go pick up the Princess at noon so I'm hoping the prescription will be ready then
Noticing that...I sleep later when its cloudy and it makes the day get off to a slower start
Pondering these words.....and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof...Lev. 25:10 Did you know these words are on the Liberty Bell?
From the kitchen...for breakfast: half a raisin bagel with butter spray, orange juice and coffee
Around the house...clean clothes need to be folded and put away...the carpet needs a vacuum...bed needs made and lots of crafts need to be worked on but first I need to tidy the studio
I am praying for...like last week I'm praying that my x son in law closes on his refinance so daughter can close on her house...she was able to extend her contract 2 weeks but we need for it to happen soon....my son is back in the land of the sand, hopefully for only a few more months....my sister's visit...my weight loss & exercise program 
A few plans for the week...enjoying my sister's visit...dinner at church tomorrow night, maybe a movie...
One of my favorite things...eating...guess that explains the shape I'm in....
From my picture file...

she says:
Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the everyday moments. 

9 comments:

  1. Visiting you from Simple Woman's daybook. I enjoyed your post. I as well, love food so I know where your coming from. Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a great 4th. I will put your on my prayer list for your requests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words for the 4th - Proclaim Liberty... Praying all goes well and hope your 4th weekend was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great when sisters can get together. I got to see mine last week for the first time in 2 years!~ I too remember those terrible days without AC. We used the big box fans blowing over our beds to stay "cool"... Love visiting your Daybook today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by by way of Simple Woman's Daybook. Great post. I enjoy eating to much so I undestand what you're going through. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a photo of your prayer shawl? Ours are made in a triangular shape and come with a "story>"

    I spent all day yesterday at the Fort for Independence Day and fireworks to end it all. Got sunburned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Distant lands, the same sun circling the earth, you have heat we have short bursts of sun through grey clouds,top temperatures, low temperatures, but the same God put all in place, to give us variety and choice to where we live and how we live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, for getting some rain! I hope you have a nice visit with your sister. It's been nearly a year since my brother and I visited. Time passes too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember life without AC too -- I love AC!

    Hope you feel better soon. Glad you are getting to visit your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl...... I grew up without A/C have no idea what I would do without it.... whew.. We are still in our heat wave and in the triple digits again this week... I pray that the finanaces of your daughter are resolved soon.. she needs to be able to move on........

    I am not getting much done on any subject.. too hot for me to do much of anything.. need to work outside---- too hot---- need to work in my shop---- too hot.. hahahah and I NEED to get on to my diet and stop this madness.....

    Love ya girl....... enjoy your week.....

    ReplyDelete