Monday, December 31, 2018

Daybook

Today is the last day of the year. Weather is weird, the temperature is in the 60s and it is very windy. Storms are on the way.

Honey Bear went back to work today. First his client was in hospital and then in rehabilitation. He came home on Christmas Day and this is Honey Bear's first day to work although he visited Dennis in hospital and nursing home. We have spent a great deal of time together and this is the first morning I've had the house to myself. I'm enjoying it. I did a little tidying in the studio, put away boxes and bags and trash. But first I slept until 8:00 a.m. which is very unusual for me.

We had a guest over the past week. Wonder Boy came on Christmas Eve and stayed until Saturday afternoon. We didn't see much of him as he prefers to stay in his room, sleeping during the day and being up and on his computer during the night. He has gone back to Auburn although school is out for another week, I believe. He is living in an apartment so he has that option.

Both Honey Bear and I have been on a eating plan since the second week of October. He fasts some and usually doesn't eat until after 2:00. I still eat 3 meals most days but have cut out most carbs and sweets and do not eat except at meals. We're eating lots of veggies and protein. He has lost 22 pounds while I've only lost 11. Part of that is because I haven't been active enough. I finally had an MRI of  my spine and it is in a mess. The surgeon doesn't want to do surgery because of my breathing problems so he's trying other solutions starting with therapy.

I haven't really thought about goals or hopes for 2019. Looking back on this year, I was not in the best of health and haven't really accomplished that much. One thing I plan to do is get my studio in order so that maybe I'll have a desire to  work in there again.

Okay, I need to get up and move and Smokey is sitting here beside me, nudging my hand to try and get me to feed him lunch, so this will be it for this post. I hope to be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the spinal issues! Hope therapy can help. I haven'y given much thought to 2018 yet - maybe after everyone goes back to work and school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband retired at the end of June. I love having him home but I do miss those quiet days when he was at work. Glad Wonder Boy came for a visit. Sorry about your spine. Way to go on the weight loss. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really hard to get used to someone being around after you have had the house to yourself. I love it when Hubby goes for a drive or fishing. I seem to get more done.

    Hope your spinal problems get the help that they need.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete