Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Fall In For the Hodge Podge




1. What's something you'd rate a 10/10? Tell us why.My marriage....we've been married 50 years and it just keeps getting better...

2. What job would you be terrible at? What makes you think so?Telephone Solicitation....I simply hate talking on the phone...so thankful for texts and voice mail

3. When did you last take a fall? What's something you're falling for (in a good way) these days?
a couple of weeks ago: I was squatting down to get Smokey's mouse from under a chair and when I started to stand up my feet started sliding and I teetered...ended up hitting my elbow on the floor and my head on the door facing..............What's something you're falling for (in a good way) these days?.Oh if only it wasn't food....
4. According to the Travel Channel here are some of America's best fall festivals-
 National Apple Harvest Festival (near Arendtsville PA, close to Gettysburg), Harvest on the Harbor (Portland Maine), German Village Festival (Columbus Ohio), Wellfleet Oyster Fest (Cape Cod), and Wine and Chile Fiesta (Santa Fe NM)
Have you ever been to any of the festivals listed? noWhich one appeals to you most? The apple festival and the wine and chili Does your hometown have any sort of fall celebration, and if so will you make it a point to attend? Yes, we have a street festival on the first Saturday in October.....my women's club sales pizza and drinks, coffee and doughnuts...it is our fund raiser and the proceeds go to charities of our choice....this year I cannot work because I'll be on a tour of New England....my hometown has a harvest festival and I like to try to go about every other year.

5. What is your goodbye message to summer? Hurry up and leave already...

6. Insert your own random thought here.We had some cooler days but today it was 91 and way too hot to go outside and sit on  the porch.

A big shout out to Joyce for continuing to come up with great Hodge Podge..

4 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about telephone solicitation. I don't like talking on the phone plus I hate trying to sell things to people. We had some lovely cool days but it is hot again here, too. Hope you didn't hurt yourself in the fall! Our area seems to have festivals going on pretty frequently but I don't know if there is one specifically for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 50 years!! Almost 33 for us. I didn't think about phone solicitation...yes, I would HATE that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer for #1. Sorry you lost your balance, hope you're doing okay. We have some cooler days right now but I'm sure the 90's will show up again!

    ReplyDelete