Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What color is prominent in your home? Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it? That would be red....its still my favorite color but I'd like to change the walls in our living room....

2. What's something you'll NEVER do again?

3. Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't. I've spent most of my marriage keeping the home and raising my family....I am a girly girl although I was a tomboy as a kid always paling around with my young uncles....the home is my domain and I like it comfortable....I used to get up with my husband in the morning and make his breakfast, have dinner on the table when he was ready to eat....some things have changed...............a couple of ways I don't fit:: I can fix things....we once built a house and I did the wiring....I pay the bills....I don't mind getting my hands dirty....I bait my hook and clean fish...

4. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Have you ever owned a motorcycle?  no.... Ever ridden a motorcycle?Once when I was a teenager... If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride?.....no, I think it is too dangerous

5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to? read syfy, adventure movies like Star Wars and Star Trek, listen to country, classical and soft rock.

6.  Insert your own random thought here I was a product of stereotyping, I suppose. My Daddy had certain things he wouldn't allow his girls to do such as mowing the yard....he didn't think we needed to go to college and always said I would live at home until I married and moved in my  husband's house.....I confess I enjoy having doors opened for me....and although I have held some part time jobs, I've mostly stayed home.....when I was younger I resented that but I'm not as ambitious as I once was.....instead of working a job that paid money, I've spent my life volunteering and I'm proud of who I've become......I always told my Daughter she could do anything......I might have done so she wouldn't feel like she had to fit in a certain niche

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Red too! How wonderful that you have spent your life volunteering. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been on a motorcycle a few times, and not since my teens. I can't imagine ever getting on one again unless it was an emergency an that was the only transportation.

    My signature color would be pink, though it's not as prominent in this home as in previous homes.

    I fit the stereotypical female mold, too, and I love it. I love being home and taking acre of home and family and am pretty much a girly girl. I can't think of any ways in which I am not stereotypical except that I can fix some things - can't do wiring, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brotherd all had motorcycles...but I would mot get on one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brick red is prominent in my home. I think it is a warm, homey color. I love that you still have doors opened for you. My husband opens doors for me and is teaching or son to do the same. I have been watching couples when we go out for the last couple months and I have only witnessed one man open the car door for his wife. (I know it's his wife because we used to go to church with them many years ago.)I feel kinda sorry for some women because they are missing out on something special. I don't feel helpless, I feel cherished.

      Delete
  4. what an interesting read...........love your thoughts............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to wear red, but not too sure about putting it on walls. I do have it as an accent colour in pillows and throws.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see you joining in The Hodgepodge today.
    I like the color red, it's my favorite color.
    I think a lot of kids of our generation were stereotyped, but I didn't really think that was such a bad thing. To this day, I will not mow grass :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love red too. It's so cheery. I enjoyed your answer to random especially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I do believe we should tell our children they can be anything they want to be. I guess you dad just wanted you to be safe when it came to mowing the lawn. I can tell you that my husband liked when I would cut our lawn! I am glad you are proud of yourself, you should be....

    ReplyDelete