1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
Every month, I send Birthday cards to the members of my Sunday School class....I try to send handmade ones...does that count as letter writing. I usually do it the last week in the month and just mail them when it gets close to the special day..
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
If he means that being without the desires of our heart make us happy, then I disagree...the trick is to look around you and be thankful for the blessings you have already...rearranging furniture and accessories can achieve a new look and satisfy us without spending money on new items.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
Yes I am a thrifter and I love the antique stores where people rent stalls and set up resale items...I often look through the dishes because I like to change my table scape to reflect seasons and holidays....in fact, those on my table now came from the thrift store (see last daybook)....from the other resale type shop, I have chairs and pictures, etc in my home.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
about a 6 I suppose....Honey Bear and I like to take drives off the beaten path as we did this past weekend when we went to Arrington Tennessee on Saturday...we spent very little time on the interstate but drove through small towns like College Grove, Cornersville, Lewisburg.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
A Marathon, I guess, since it is only the 17th of the month and so much has happened....it hasn't gotten any cooler and that first college football game still seems too far off....
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
Christmas shopping....since I've only bought two gifts so far...I like to be finished by November....and I need to be sewing and crafting...our craft event is the 22nd of September and looks like I'll only have one item finished to enter.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
Every six weeks, I have lunch with my friend, Rene, and we spend the afternoon talking...we have hair appointments that back up to each other so we go out afterward....in July, I needed to cut our time short as Daughter and I were going to the Breast Center for our annual and we had appointments...I needed to pick her up before time....I kept looking at my watch and thinking I had plenty of time and then suddenly I didn't and had to hurry on my way...(I see my friend during that 6 weeks but we're usually in a group when I do.)
I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday for some retail therapy....well I hadn't been in there long until there were workers every where, chattering and clanging plastic bins down on the floor....needless to say, my calm respite was shattered and it was very annoying...when I got to the check out, I asked what was going on and the clerk said it was freight day....she said it happens every Tuesday, they have to rearrange things and put up new freight...needless to say, I will not be shopping there on Tuesday again...
Thanks, Joyce for continuing to bring us interesting questions to make us think....Readers stop by and visit the Hodge Podge headquarters here.