Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Simple Daybook on Thursdasy

 

 For today...
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Outside my window...
its 77 degrees F, with 85%
humidity, and a fine mist is falling...
I see a pesky squirrel on the ground
under the bird feeder and a finch
on the feeder...my flowers are saying
thank you for the mist... 
I am thinking...
about Wonder Boy heading to college
tomorrow.... 
A Bible verse I'm sharing...
Psalm 30:5"for his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning"
I am thankful...
no matter what thoughts and concerns
keep me awake at night, joy comes
with each new day 
In my Kitchen...
I just put on a pot of pinto beans
for Honey Bear's lunch, there's
plenty of fresh tomatoes,
cornbread and okra to go along side... 
On my prayer list...
Daughter started working part time
yesterday:praying that she doesn't
overdo as she is still in recovery. Praying
for Wonder Boy of course...
Martha had knee surgery this week, praying
she is recovering well....and Honey Bear
has a persistent cough that needs attention..
my shoulder continues to pain me...
and each reader of my blog, I pray that
you are of sound mind and body and that
you are being blessed this day... 
I am wearing...
ut-oh I  am still in my pajamas
I am creating...
sad to say, I haven't worked on
anything except jigsaws since last
time 
A song that stays on my mind...
Veggies Tales...Honey Bear
wore a tie with Bob and Larry on it
Sunday and since then those songs
have been haunting me. 
I am going...
to go for a walk if I can stand the heat..
Feeling hopeful...
that FALL is coming soon
I am reading...
an Inspector Banks novel by Peter
Robinson, "Gallows View" 
A few of my favorite things...
 my Summer table scape

 fresh flowers
a new Fall candle
Looking forward to...
College football in the Fall
In his garden...

The rest of the week...
a meeting tonight, 
a road trip on Saturday
From my photo file...
   

6 comments:

  1. Wow, so hard to fathom your grandson is off to college already!

    I'm looking forward to fall, too.

    Now you've got Veggie Tale songs stuck in my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been over 100 here for several days - with the humidity so high that it's hard to breathe when you go out. Looking forward to fall! I know it's a bit worrisome to send any of our loved ones off to college but, well, life goes on doesn't it? I saw something the other day that says it all...."I didn't know old age would get here so fast." That's the way I feel most days. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the format you used for this edition of Simple Woman's Daybook. And I especially like your prayer list that included your blog readers!! Thank you for praying for me. I prayed your list as I read through it. ....and I prayed for you, too. Hope your shoulder improves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your prayers. I love the colour of your lily.

    We are heading to a cabin in a National Park in the next province for a week. Should be a lovely way to get a bit of a rest before the constant stream of workmen fixing the walls in the basement.

    Enjoy your holiday trip later this year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't seem like it should be time for Wonder Boy to be going to college! Time's flying.
    Thoughts and concerns also keep me awake at night...
    I love all of your photos. Have a great weekend :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't seem like it should be time for Wonder Boy to be going to college! Time's flying.
    Thoughts and concerns also keep me awake at night...
    I love all of your photos. Have a great weekend :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete