1. Are you ready for new? Is 2016 likely to be very different than 2015? Do you want it to be?
From the stand point that my family had 7 deaths in 2015, yes I'd like this year to be different.
2. January 6th is National Technology Day. Currently, what is your single biggest struggle or frustration when it comes to technology?
Sometimes it is just figuring out how to do something in a timely manner.
3. It's that time again...time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2016. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year's top vote getters are-
So (at the start of every single sentence), conversation (as in hotly debated topics where we're invited to 'join the conversation'), problematic, stakeholder, price point, secret sauce, break the Internet, walk it back, presser, manspreading (common in larger cities where some men take up the entire bus or train seat by sitting wide), vape, giving me life (refers to anything that may excite a person or make them laugh), and physicality
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add? Not that acquainted with these.
5. Let's talk fifty shades of gray. As in the color. Gray is currently a popular color in home decor, paint, wardrobes, hair, wedding party attire, and more. Are you a fan? Do you have the color in some variation in your home or wardrobe? Gray hair, the old gray mare, gray matter, gray area...which gray idiom can you most relate to right now?
I have some gray slacks...........gray hair as in regular hair appointments to color it.
6. Certain foods are considered 'lucky' if eaten on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Cooked greens to bring economic fortune, black-eyed peas or lentils also symbolize money, pork which symbolizes progress, fish for good luck, and if you're in Spain 12 grapes at the stroke of midnight. Did you eat any lucky foods on the first day of the year? Is that a tradition in your home? Of the foods listed, which most appeals to you?
No we didn't.............when I was growing up, we always had black-eyed peas on New Year's Day....I do not like them at all.....Fish would be my pick of the foods listed.
7. What's the single biggest time waster in your life and what, if anything, will you do about it this year
I guess I spend too much time doing jigsaw puzzles on my Kindle but I'm not giving it up. I don't let it interfere with anything I have to get done.
Thanks, Joyce for hosting and coming up with the questions.