1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
As you know if you've read my blog over the years, the last time we moved was 2009...that time we moved in two sections as we still had the house in Memphis until it sold and Honey Bear still worked there....so we moved ourselves...I did have some help packing, though....I, much prefer to have professional movers and that was the case when companies were relocating us and paid the bill....I like learning about a new place, having a new house, getting to know people, change is good....moving helps weed out things you've hung onto that you should get rid of...I hate the packing and unpacking.....I helped my daughter move in May and did quite a lot of packing....she preferred to do the unpacking herself so I didn't have to do that but we probably moved 10 or more loads in my van before the movers moved the furniture and heaviest boxes.
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
In 1993 we moved from Alabama to Pennsylvania...my Mom had just been diagnosed with Parkinson's and my Daughter was in college in Alabama...son was in Maryland so that wasn't bad....it was sad leaving my parents but I decided to visit for a week to 10 days every 3 months, that helped.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
I don't have any problem eating in the car, we try not to eat anything difficult while driving....I have a small metal folding table and 2 bag chairs so we have picnics....find a park or just a shady street and set it up behind the car....we usually eat fruit, crackers and cheese for these lunches...
The group Alabama had a song: Five O'clock 500 that I liked about rush hour....Willie's On the Road Again is another good one......Do you remember Convoy?
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
I try not to make hasty decisions...we both do a lot of research...
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
A couple of months ago, we went to visit an Aunt in a Nursing Home and then had another destination in mind..we wanted to avoid the high traffic areas and were in the parts of Alabama where we grew up and where we had lived when the children were in school, I thought I knew the roads that were shortcuts and we didn't exactly get lost but just did some back tracking until we figured out which road to take...milestones and streets can change a lot in 20 years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sometimes I think it would be nice to move into a townhouse where we had no maintanence and could downsize a lot...but then I am still doing crafts and need room for all that 'stuff' and Honey Bear still has a garden and mows the grass and changes the oil so he needs room too....we may not ever move again.
If you would like to join in, visit Joyce.