Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Back to School Hodge Podge
1. Way back when (the Hodgepodge bicentennial to be precise) several of you submitted questions as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I went back to that list for inspiration today and found a question submitted by Marla, who blogs over at Marla's Musings. Thanks Marla!
She asks-At what age did you feel like a 'grown-up'? What keeps you young now?
I suppose I felt like a grown-up when I met my husband at age 14, he was 21...although I know I was still naive about lots of things...we married when I was 17.......I still feel young although not as young as all that as I realize a lot of years have gone by and the mirror tells me I'm aging....I spend time with Daughter and Granddaughter and try to stay informed about different subjects..I am always ready to learn new things.
2. When did you last buy a vehicle? Was this by design or because you had no other option? Was the car/truck purchased for your own personal use or was it bought for someone else to drive? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being delightful and 1 being 'pass the Excedrin') how would you rate the experience?
I haven't purchased a vehicle since 2009 although Honey Bear bought one in February. My experiencece was a 10. I wanted another red Dodge Van just like the one I had although newer....Honey Bear found it online and I went to test drive, pick it up and write the check.
3. Corn bread, corn chips, corn pudding, corn on the cob, cornflakes, corn chowder-your favorite of the corn-y foods listed? What needs to be served alongside your selection?
my favorite of the ones listed is corn chips and I like the barbecue ones, alone or with cheese, chili
4. What's something in your life that regularly requires you to 'put your thinking cap on'?
I am president of a county organization that is comprised of about 12 clubs....we meet quarterly for a board meeting and then for a regular meeting with all clubs invited....when I do the agenda for these meetings, I really have to think about things...I can fall back on the minutes from our last meeting and the same meeting the year before to kind of know what needs to be covered.
5. Share a favorite movie set in a school or classroom, or whose theme relates to school days in some way. Breakfast Club.........Dead Poets' Society
6. Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic' are commonly referred to as the three R's. What are the three R's in your life right now? Rest, Reading, Relationships
7. What's something you've learned or tried recently you can say was as 'easy as ABC'?
What comes to mind is going with the Princess on a Saturday to sign up for band, order her uniform, hat, shoes and gloves and pay her fees....Daughter had to work but she printed out all the forms and filled them in, signed me some checks...The Princess could wear the first uniform she tried on as well as the first pair of gloves...we were in and out in just a few minutes while other parents were filling out the paperwork.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Princess is in 9th grade this year and Wonder Boy is a senior. Their schools are next door to each other with only a street in between. He is driving to school so he gives her a ride morning and afternoon...he goes back for her after band practice....For the first time in 3 years, I am not doing the pick-up line on the days Daughter works...it is nice in a way but I miss the time I spent with them.
I' m downloading windows 10. Hope I will like it.
To join in or read other posts, hop over to Joyce's From This side of the Pond