Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Growing Up Hodge Podge #216


1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what's something currently kept in a basket at your house?
Bears.....trash.....sewing.....bananas

2. 'The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.' ~Michelangelo Buonarroti 
So which one are you...the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo's surname prior to answering this question?
Probably too low....No didn't know his surname and haven't visited.

3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm...wonder how that's celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you're not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?
Well, I am not a Beer drinker....I will occasionally have a little of a brown ale such as Newcastle when we're out and it is very hot but Honey Bear ends up finishing mine because it goes to my head really fast....I settle for a couple of swallow of his most of the times.
I've had Beer Bread but never made it.....

4. When did you last travel somewhere new? Tell us where? How'd it go?
Recently after a movie with friends, we tried the new Italian restaurant: Bravo! Cucina Italiana. I thought it was okay but nothing super..

5. The value of _Reality Shows___is greatly overrated.

6. What's a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?
Well, I have a couple....1. amount of background music/TV...I have a problem with that in other places also..what is wrong with silence....2. The acoustics: most restaurants are wide open with nothing to absorb the noise.
Recently, I went with Daughter to have her BP checked at her GYN...it had been running high and the Dr wanted to keep a check on it for a few weeks....they took it and then asked her to go sit in the lobby and try to relax and then they would take it again....of course the TV was on and it was annoying not relaxing...I asked if we could turn it off and they were surprised that I would ask and said she could go sit in an exam room if she needed quiet....we were the only ones in the waiting room.
7. It's Poetry Month...share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the whole kit and caboodle.
Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep..........................Robert Frost
8. Insert your own random thought here.
And I have lots to do before I rest
And I have lots to do before I rest...

Thanks go to Joyce for hosting this weekly question and answer series.

7 comments:

  1. Your story about getting blood pressure taken at the doctor's office -- that's outrageous!! The staff didn't have very "serving" hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baskets are awesome around the house! Great answer on Reality Shows being overrated....I agree! I enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, what's wrong with silence?! Some of the shows that are on in some places are not appropriate for all audiences either :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, like you, use baskets around my home for almost everything. Keeps things contained (well kind of).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree about noise in public places and the acoustics of restaurants. I can't stand to be in a place very long where the music is so loud or unpleasant or the noise of people talking is so loud or the TV runs nonstop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost said reality TV too. I hope you're having a nice weekend! Finally feeling almost springlike here today after a week in the 30's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama Bear,
    Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog today! I'm glad someone else enjoyed that poem as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete