Saturday, March 28, 2015
Hodge Podge #214
1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
Easter Sunday has always been a traditional celebration....usually even as a married woman, I've tried to have a new Church outfit, cook Easter Lunch(since my parents are deceased and it isn't a combined lunch) with Daughter helping with the menu......we've had Easter egg hunts with special baskets filled by me for the grands that are here, until the last couple of years when they've outgrown those two but not the candy which I still have for them. This year, Daughter has to work on Sunday and with it being the first without The Princess's and Wonder boy's Dad, we're keeping it low key with just church attendance and maybe eating out.
Easters as a child were always fun with Mother's extended family getting together for lunch after church and an egg hunt.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1 So I agree with the bible and George.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
Jelly Beans top the list but I wouldn't mind a Peanut Butter Egg....I love the old fashion candy eggs although they are mostly sugar....do not like peeps or cadbury....chocolate of any kind is always good.
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
On our recent trip to Savannah, we went into The Peanut Shop and they had free samples of almost everything in the store.All kinds of nuts and chocolate covered, brittle and coated....yum!
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
One thing I've always done is go to bed at the same time as Honey Bear.....I am not a morning person as I've stated here before and so 9:00 is not my favored time to go to bed but it is his so I go to bed with him and read until I get sleepy....thankfully he doesn't mind the light.....I've asked friends and other people and this doesn't seem to be the common thing especially among the Y generation....And no it doesn't bother me that I do it differently, it has worked for our marriage for 48 years.......of course when I was home alone and he was traveling for work, my bedtime was much later, sometimes in the wee hours of the morning.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the Palmetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which haveyou visited at one time or another?
The Palmetto State (South Carolina) would be my choice and I would go to Charleston as I have 3 other times....it is my all time favorite vacation place.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
I would lengthen it.......my day is slow to start so I'm not usually up and at 'em until 10:00 although I'm out of bed many mornings by 6:30, I mostly read or blog until 9:30 or 10:00 if I'm staying home that day, then do my maintenance house work/laundry/meal prep, that sort of thing...maybe do some creative type thing, go for a walk until around 12:30-1:00 when I eat lunch....the space of time between then and bedtime is spent with Honey Bear if we're both in the house....I'd probably like more creative time before bedtime if I had my druthers.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think I'm going to be shopping for a new computer soon......This one keeps going dark, it happened about 6 times while typing this post......usually it only happens when I'm watching video but today it is happening at other times. I need to put the files I want to keep on a flash drive before I lose them completely......I purchased this computer post 4/25/11 when my last one bit the dust as the result of the power surge before the power outage that happened as a result of the tornadoes. So, the time for a new one has come.
As always, visit with Joyce, our host for Hodge Podge.