Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podges


1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)
I guess that would be August when I went to get our tags renewed. We have a relatively new satellite location a short distance away........I'd have to say 10. They were not busy and we had a nice chat......Having lived in other states and not having had good experiences there, I would have to say most employees here are very friendly and easy to work with.

2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
No, it wouldn't influence my decision. 
3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?
Well, gosh, that would be a long time.....I've been to both memorials in DC and to Mount Vernon. And isn't there a road in the DC area named for George......

4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds? 
Yes, I knew it.............Yes, I eat them every day.......Did you know calories from almonds aren't absorbed by the body? At least that is what I read.....Quaker makes a breakfast bar that is Banana Bread....not easy to find but I like them and they have almonds.

5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it's 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?
Not a fan

6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?
No

7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna!
She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?" 
Every Day.....I have shams so I pull the covers up to the head, turn down a section of the sheet over the spread, and load up the pillows and shams on top.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
We got an inch of snow during the night...some roads were closed this morning as were some schools with others just being delayed....my hair appointment was rescheduled so I am staying home......Daughter is off today so she has carpool duty.......Pauline (the hen) didn't know what the white stuff was on her ramp so she stuck her head out for a while before she finally came out......lots of birds on the porch this morning........I made another pot of coffee  and took some photos.....temperatures aren't getting above freezing today and the low tonight is forecast at 9 so this white stuff will stick around for a while.

Hop on over to From This Side of the Pond to find others who Hodge Podge.

7 comments:

  1. We had another few inches of snow yesterday. It made all the old snow look pretty again. It is going to take quite a while before we thaw out. That's what makes Spring exciting though, right? Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that a college education would not affect my decision in voting for a president. I enjoy almonds. We buy almonds, walnuts and pecans at Costco and they are a great snack to have around. Stay safe and warm......

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had more snow yesterday too. I like snow until we have ice, and that I can do without. Our front walkway doesn't get a lot of sun in places, so it's challenging to keep up with. I'm ready for more reasonable temps. I don't mind winter, but the below zero temperatures day after day are wearing on me. At least there's blue sky today! That helps : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy hearing about Pauline. I'll bet she was surprised to see the snow, I would have been!

    It makes me feel better knowing you have only one hen and she does fine by herself. I've always read chickens are social, and do better in flocks. I worried about getting down to that last hen, one day.

    Stay warm!

    PS Have I told you, lately, how happy I am to see you blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If calories from almonds aren't absorbed by the body, I'd like to know what's responsible for the 7 pounds I gained since mid October (which our family has its Early Thanksgiving). LOL I always blamed the almonds, because 'a few' easily becomes 'a few handfuls' for me. Oh well, I'm seeing the scale going in the right direction again, so that's good. I'm thinking that it had more to do with portion control than too many almonds. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to laugh at this but I hardly ever make my bed now. Harvey and I have a deal that the last one out of bed in the morning makes it..... Guess who is always the last one up? Not me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had mixed experiences with government agencies. I am glad we can do so many of the routine things by mail now.

    I don't think I have visited a site named for any president but I did see Mt. Rushmore once.

    Good to know about almonds. I wish I liked them better. :-) They're ok - I am not much of a nut fan because my teeth don't grind them up very well.

    ReplyDelete