Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY
Tuesday, February 17, 2014

Outside my window...
22 degrees F, Wind Chill 10 degrees but 
the sun is shinning
Lots of birds stopping by all of the feeders
bird of the day is 

The Gold Finch, although at this time of year, they
are not this brilliant color. We don't see them all that
often so I was delighted to see them this morning.

I am thinking...
I really need to start getting more exercise

I am thankful...
that I am able to help my Daughter
out with the children....just returned from giving
the Princess a ride to school.....school 
was delayed 3 hours this morning.....I'm thankful
for Honey Bear and how easy he is to 
please....thankful too that we didn't get
the ice that was forecast for yesterday....thankful
for the sunshine even on the coldest days

In the kitchen...
The chicken Tortilla Soup is back
in the slow cooker staying warm for lunch
I also prepared some Crowder Peas
from the freezer yesterday....that
way Honey Bear has a choice

I am wearing...
Jeans and a red sweatshirt
 with snowmen on front, red and green
stripped socks with fleecy black socks on 
top......I know red and green stripes
are Christmas socks but I don't care.

I am creating...
squares for the SAL project....I finished
February except for rinsing off
the blue pen markings and squaring
them up....
I've got some more of the squares ready
for the embroidery.....I need to finish
up the rag quilt I started in 2014....and work on a quilt
that one of my club members had started...
I am going...
back to school to give the Princess a ride
home this afternoon....

I am wondering...
if the father of the Princess and Wonder
Boy will go home from the hospital
today....he has begun chemo again and 
contracted an infection toward the end of the week...
tomorrow is his Birthday..and the Princess was 
wondering about getting him a balloon or something
to take to the hospital.....

I am reading...
The Boys in the Boat, still, on page 238 of 404

I am hoping...
the rest of the week is sunny

I am looking forward to...
Spring

I am learning
about Saint Patrick, did you know he was
enslaved at age 16 by the Irish and later
went back there as a missionary

Around the house...
its tidy and all the laundry is done

I am pondering...
ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day

A favorite quote for today...
Little Children, Let us not love in theory
or in speech but in deed and in truth..
I John 3:18

One of my favorite things...
putting together jigsaw puzzles
and now that I can do them
on Kindle....I love them even more...

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Nail and Hair appointments tomorrow
then a stop at Kroger to buy apples for Kid's Expo
at church.....Choir Practice and a gig
on Thursday with lunch afterward....

A peek into my day...
my Valentine table

visit The Simple Woman for links to other daybooks

6 comments:

  1. You set a very pretty Valentine table. I enjoyed reading your blog today. I hope Spring shows up soon at your house. We've had alternating spring and winter for all of January and February. My yellow crocus poked out of the ground late last week -- just a bit too early! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers again this week
    The Golden Finch is such pretty bird
    Its lovely to see your SAL project coming along so well.
    Touching quote...thank you for sharing
    Beautiful Valentines table, did you make the linens yourself?
    Have a wonderful week
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always bring a smile to my face with your answers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed catching up with you through your day book post! We didn't get any sun here, today, and it's been cold!
    Your Valentine's Day table is beautiful! It makes me want to come in and sit down :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week--and stay warm!
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet Valentine's table! Your projects sound fun.

    We were down to 0 degrees this morning, not counting the wind chill - it's supposed to go below ) tonight. Cold for Eastern TN!

    I have a couple of jigsaw puzzle apps on my iPad mini and enjoy working on them in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chicken tortilla soup sounds yummy! I'll have to try making it next week (I saw your recipe in the post below).

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete