Monday, February 9, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY
Monday, February 9, 2015
53°F, 12°C 
and cloudy at 4:53 P.M.
Outside my window...
the day is winding down, the wind is blowing
a cold front is moving in, not much bird activity
I am thinking...
that it will soon be night again
and I need to think about dinner
I am thankful...
my first WMU meeting as leader went well
God is at work in our little corner of
the world....we heard from a missionary
home on leave and living in our church's mission
house.
In the kitchen...
its clean and looks so good after the remodel
leftovers for dinner(some shrimp, slaw,and baked Sweet Potato)
tomorrow I need to make a pot of soup and some cornbread
I am wearing...
black yoga pants and a beige knit shirt which has a 
winter scene on front
I am creating...
applique for the SAL project....hexagons seem
to be my friend but hearts and circles
are proving difficult
I am going...
except for picking the Princess up after school
tomorrow, I'm home until Thursday
I am wondering...
if the applique will get easier with practice
I am reading...
finished "Maude" a few minutes ago.....next is
for March book club
I am hoping...
to get some rest now that two big events have passed
I am looking forward to...
our trip this Spring
I am learning
to let some things go and simplify
Around the house...
things are tidy, little projects here and there
I am pondering...
how to make the hearts easier to applique...I have
5 more to do for this month's section
A favorite quote for today...
A light exists in spring
Not present on the year
At any other period
When March is scarcely here
                                Emily Dickinson
One of my favorite things...
watching Spring wake from Winter's sleep
A few plans for the rest of the week:
sew, laundry, read
Hair appointment on Thursday, lunch with Rene
meeting Thursday night
From my Photo Album

our barn where we used to live
In August, I went back there and made a few photos
I couldn't believe how much these pines had grown since
we moved away.


A visitor in our yard in August



2 comments:

  1. I love reading your Daybook.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first group meeting went well! I'm glad to be home this afternoon and hopefully most of tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete