Saturday, January 17, 2015

This and That

Yesterday, I was blessed in the morning, even if it was overcast and cold. We are bird watchers. A pair of Bluebirds perched on the suet feeder.
                      Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Next, I saw a pair of Fickers land in the pine tree.
                           photo courtesy of allaboutbirds

This is our state bird but it is rare to see one.
Then it was off to Book Club. We call ourselves the Happy Bookers. We had a fun time of food and fellowship and chose books to read this year. Each member brings at least two recomendations and we try to choose one. I'm going to do a post about our selections.

I told you I was going to do a little stitchery while I wait for my book to arrive. Well, I was all excited to get started. I drug my light box out and it wouldn't come on. All of my excitement deflated. Honey Bear made some adjustments but I've not been in the mood to start again. Maybe tomorrow.
Good news the weather has been great today with sunshine and temps in the upper 50s.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying the birds. We get about 20 - 30 Lorikeets in our tree every morning at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have such lovely birds come and visit you. We are lucky to see Sparrows, Waxwings, and Crows at this time of year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Dad saw a Bluebird last week but me and Mom missed it. I was surprised to see that they winter over in the Western NC mountains, but real happy that they do, we love them and it's always a treat to see them.

    We love the birds too and have 2 feeders and a suet feeder on the back porch but we take them in at night - bears have been known to enjoy the tasty treats, even though our porch is 30' off the ground Mom insists that we put them in the garage every night. BORING!

    Hi, Wil.

    Hugs,
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. both of those birds are stunning.. how lovely to have them visit...
    I have a bunch of tracing to do too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete