Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Scribbles



Hello everybeary
Wil here
I have been hibernating again 
but now that its warming up
I'm ready to come out and play...
Hope all is well with you.
Wil
**********************************************
Signs of Spring are all around....Daffodils, Crocus, and many fruit trees are beginning to bloom. We had some wonderful days of sunshine and warm temperatures this past week as 9 members of my women's club went on retreat near Cullman, Alabama. We enjoyed fellowship, fun and food. Each of us worked individually on projects and together on a puzzle. It was such a relaxing time.

I've started a new cross stitch pattern. I bought it a couple of weeks ago when Daughter and I visited Patches and Stitches, a local quilt shop. That same day we enjoyed lunch and tea at Emma's Tea Room with the Princess. She is such a young lady now at 13 and it is wonderful to spend time with her. Anyway, the cross stitch pattern is at a stand still until I can find all of the thread I need.
I also worked some on the rag quilt that was started a year ago.

I am happy about the signs of Spring although it is the time of year when my allergies act up.......I've been using the breathing machine again.

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm - not sure where my comment went, so will try again. The retreat sounds like a lot of fun. I laid my stitching aside when preparing for Christmas, but need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wil,

    Now that I live in the mountains I wondered if I should hibernate too, but I got through (so far) with my blankie and lots of snuggling with the puppies. And let's not forget the hot chocolate (giggle).

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Praying for your allergies to leave you alone, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Robins are here and that is the true sign of Spring for me...they make my heart sing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wil. I bet you are out chasing the bee's and watching where all the ants are hiding, now you are out in your garden. We are still chopping wood up in ours.
    Prudence is right. We all need hot chocolate.
    Hugs Wilbur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wil. Nice to see you up and about.

    The only sign that spring is slowly arriving here is a warming in the temperature. We still have snow on the ground and very cold nights. I don't think Wil would be out of hibernation yet here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It suppose to be spring here but is chilly and rainy but I think its coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is very evident here, too--and some of our family is dealing with the allergies to prove it! I guess we win a few, then lose a few.

    ReplyDelete